Soon to become Pure Froggy

BlackC2

Fellow Frogger
I've put the Rover up for sale (see Carpoint tomorrow and Unique Cars in January), so will hopefully soon be a pure froggy car owner :D .

....yeah, OK, this is just a cheap plug to get publicity to sell the Rover.:whistle:

BlackC2 said:
I've put the Rover up for sale (see Carpoint tomorrow and Unique Cars in January), so will hopefully soon be a pure froggy car owner :D .

....yeah, OK, this is just a cheap plug to get publicity to sell the Rover.:whistle:

Forgot to press UPLOAD before...

Attachments

• 1969 Rover 2000TC  b.JPG
    1969 Rover 2000TC b.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 268
A very big decision I take? You do realise that that model Rover is the closest you can come to owning a DS and own a British brand car at the same time?

UFO said:
A very big decision I take? You do realise that that model Rover is the closest you can come to owning a DS and own a British brand car at the same time?

Yeah, I know. David Bache seemed to have a certain fascination with Double Chevrons when styling Solihull products - DS/P6; CX/SD1.
These days those models also have in common owners/enthusiasts who are willing to brave the unreliable reputation and enjoy the products for their great points.

As for selling the 2000 - we've just bought our first house and even though it's running well and there's nothing on the horizon, I'd rather not have any potential Big Bills ready to hit us in the next few months.:(

BlackC2 said:
Forgot to press UPLOAD before...

That's crazy :tongue: If I had a nice old Rover like that (and liked Rovers) there's no way I'd ever sell it.... It's irreplacable :disappr:

seeya,
Shane L.

Dont do it!!!! My 2000TC was identical to your one except white. Someone pulled up behind me one day in a servo and basically waved money under my nose til I bit. I thought I wanted something newer, and for daily driving have appreciated the more modern froggies I have had.

But I really miss that car. A good original one is very rare and I will one day have another one. Such a wonderful car... You will regret it.

Just make sure you get top dollar for it. If its as good as it looks, its worth it. If you cant, I will give it a loving home :D

BlackC2 said:
I've put the Rover up for sale

Don't do it!

That's a marvellous looking car. You say it runs well. What makes you think that big bills are around the corner? If you have to sell something because you have bought a house, why not sell the C2 and replace it with a cheaper frog?

Roger
1990 XM (dodgy French junk)
1959 DS19 (fine Slough product)
1980 Land-Rover Series III Stage 1 V8 (fine Solihull product)

Thanks for the thoughts, people! Great to see a tolerance - enthusiasm! - for non-French products as well!

The other thing is that the Big Green Creature is looming over my shoulder saying "Time for a change..." :evil:

Roger Wilkinson said:
1990 XM (dodgy French junk)
1959 DS19 (fine Slough product)
1980 Land-Rover Series III Stage 1 V8 (fine Solihull product)

What's this Roger? Post purchase dissonance setting in over the XM?

BTW Black C2, you'll miss your Rover. My Dad had two 3500 P6s (1970 and 1974) purchased new and still misses them. The first was English construction and was a terrific car (I recall 118 mph on the Hume in those derestricted days). The second was (I think) assembled in New Zealand and had numerous quality issues. Your 200TC must be well sorted to last this long.

Roger is sh!t stiring ... The XM being his only french car ... :roflmao: :roflmao:

I wanna know what he's doing with the Land Drover junk ... :whip: :whip: :whip: :D

seeya,
Shane L.

blomquvist said:
What's this Roger? Post purchase dissonance setting in over the XM?

Not at all Greg, I don't regret buying the XM. But it is just a car. Neither the DS19 nor the Land-Rover are 'just a car'. Shane is right. Well, mostly right, I wasn't sh!t stirring so much as reminding Black C2 that we aren't all just one-eyed frog supporters. I notice no one has told him that the Rover is a piece of junk and to get rid of it. I doubt any of us would.

Roger

Time to add my few pounds worth, (well, it is an english car!!!) I agree with EVERYONE on here, you would be crazy to sell the rover! Even if you have to put it in a garage with a blanket over it for a few years, that would be better than selling it!
If I had someone nagging me to get rid of a much treasured car like that, I'd go deaf suddenly!:D
You'll be sorry!!!!! john s