Solex 32/35 TMIMA Carby

Ralph

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

I've just acquired a Solex 32/35 TMIMA carby and was wondering if any of you fine folk out there have any info on it? I'm after exploded diagrams, service manuals or any other useful stuff on this carby. A search on Google gave me nothing but lots o good sites on Peugeot.

My Haynes manual doesn't deal with this carby but with other Solex carbys. It seems pretty tight to me and I was thinking of putting a kit through it and using it on my 504.

What's people's opinions on this carby? Are they any good? Worth buying a kit for one and restoring?

Thanks,

Matt.

Ralph said:
Hi all,

I've just acquired a Solex 32/35 TMIMA carby and was wondering if any of you fine folk out there have any info on it?
Thanks,

Matt.

Ralph,

I can't help specifically but did spend about two years searching the web for Solex books! I found two, neither of which refer to yours! However, both have plenty of diagrams and explanations, and are quite useful in an explanatory sense.

They are: Solex Carburetors - by Carbooks Inc of Brooklyn, New York (1973)
British Solex Carburetters - by Speedsport Motobooks, UK (1976).

As my cars aren't newer than this, the books are useful for me.

Don't mean to be unhelpful by the way, but thought you'd at least like to know there is some literature around.

I've found the carburettors fitted to the last of the non-injected Mitsubishi Magnas are Solex derivatives, and several of the diaphragms are the same as my 1964 Renault R8 Solex 32 PDIST. This may help...

Good luck.

JohnW

Ralph said:
My Haynes manual doesn't deal with this carby but with other Solex carbys. It seems pretty tight to me and I was thinking of putting a kit through it and using it on my 504.

The Solex TMIMA is covered in the "supplement" section of the Haynes manual, which is the last chapter (in editions printed from the late 1970s onwards).

Very early editions don't have the supplement chapter.

Dave

Hi Dave! So it is! The pictures in my manual are pretty pale and hard to read but they should do to get me out of trouble.

Thanks,

Matt.