So THAT's what a $5K repair bill looks like ...

I reckon you got off lightly paying only 5 grand. I hit a roo in a new BA Falcon at 80kph and did a lot less damage than your Clio and it cost over 4 grand to repair.

Plus, if you went into the same panel shop and got a quote for a private job ie not via insurance, I would lay good money that the quote would have been at least a grand less. They over quote big time to avoid nasty surprises and to make sure they dont lose money if the job gets complicated and they know the insurance companies dont really care so long as the car is worth more than the repair.

If those parts prices Mistareno gave are accurate, they are bloody cheap!
I wouldnt worry about s/h parts either - any s/h Clio parts in Oz are going to be virtually new anyway. If they can find a bonnet and bumper in the same colour from a car that was crashed in the back, I would rather have that anyway than risk a so so paint job by the panel shop that may not have the same quality as the factory job and stick out.

Just as a oneoff price indicator (hoho) - a tail light assembly for our Scenic - which is quite a large assembly - tail light / reverse light / indicator - was $60 from a dealer brand new.

So far for me Renault prices have been heaps more reasonable than Pug prices.

If its in RACV's hands... who cares........ :confused:

Take it to a prestige place to get it fixed.... im sure RACV lets u take ur car to any smash repairer..... so take it the best... or someone u know.....

That way u can ask for new head lights not plastic welded ones.... as u know the brackets holding the light could be all be bent and cracked.... but the outside still looks fine.... they might not replace that... so take it to someone u know...... who cares how much it costs..... im sure everyone that owns a Clio have insurance....U be a fool not too.... :moon:

Labour is all where the money is.... U get what U pay for!!! :deal: