So S16 it is....next step...

LEWD

Fellow Frogger
ok, made my mind up....s16 it is....now im gonna start looking for one, what should i look out for, what are the potential problems....also when are the major services...ie for my prelude the 100k service was a 900 dollar service due to cambelt replacing etc.....

btw, does anyone know of one going cheap?

LEWD said:
ok, made my mind up....s16 it is....now im gonna start looking for one, what should i look out for, what are the potential problems....also when are the major services...ie for my prelude the 100k service was a 900 dollar service due to cambelt replacing etc.....

The only two ones i can find for sale are the same ones on azm forum.

Pete type s16 in the search forum thing! You'll find HEAPS of threads of the common probs of s16's.

Hope you get one dude, i can see it now 4 pugs at the next azm cruise (yourself, andreas, alex & me)

Ok my first problem with purchasing my S16 was the coilpacks. Replaced one and in the next couple of days another went then another, 3 I replaced in less than a month, still waiting for the 4th one to go. These aren't cheap for what they are, costing me $110 each. Apart from the coilpacks nothing else has seem to go wrong, i am so happy with my car and am slowly buying aftermarket parts for it (yes they are available).

LEWD said:

Good luck in finding a good one. I looked at about half a dozen before I bought my December 95 model last November. One mature owner, full dealer service history, sunroof! I have $13000 worth of servicing and parts receipts for it over the past 8 yrs from the previous owner so beware of any that don't have a verifiable history (servicing and genuine km) as a cheapie could cost you more in the long run. The only thing I can fault in the car so far is it needs a new set of front speakers.

In short, there have been no major problems with the S16's so long as you keep up the services and maintenance. Coil packs do vary from person to person, however I have only had 1 go in 3 years.

Other things to be aware of are engine mounts, inlet manifold diaphrams, worn disks, Inner CV's, leaking struts (oil), and of course over-zellous drivers running into things.

Good luck with the search :dance: