Slough DW / DS19M

WESTON89

Fellow Frogger
Hi,

I have a Slough-built 1964 DW or DS19M and was wondering if anyone else knows of another one. I'm not sure if the DW was exported from Britain, but it is possible. If anyone anywhere has or knows any useful info. I'd be very grateful if you could let me know.

I personally dont know of another, but someone might.

Many thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony, I think Helmut "might" know some more about this one. You might have met him at the stratford rally last week. He's the very tall German guy, with the very short Irish wife, from scotland. john s

DW's (DS19M) exported from Britian.

Hi Tony,
In response to your question regarding these cars being exported.
There were a number of these cars exported to New Zealand (numbers unknown to me) and a few of these cars have found their way over to Australia in recent times

I don't know if any were "officially" imported into Australia (ID19's were being built here at that time),however I did find a '64 in a car yard in a Sydney car yard about 20 years ago so it is possible that a very small number were imported.
Regards,
Brian W

I have a 1963 Slough DS19. It has the hydraulic gear shift rather than the manual shift of a DS19M. It was a personal import from New Zealand a few years back. Unfortunately it burnt out a couple of years ago. I am looking for parts to rebuild it, in particular the instrument panel and wiring harness, but any interior parts would be useful. Are there any such parts in England? I suspect I might have to scour New Zealand, but I am told that only about 5 second front Slough DS19s went to NZ in the first place.

Roger

Roger Wilkinson said:
I have a 1963 Slough DS19. It has the hydraulic gear shift rather than the manual shift of a DS19M. It was a personal import from New Zealand a few years back. Unfortunately it burnt out a couple of years ago. I am looking for parts to rebuild it, in particular the instrument panel and wiring harness, but any interior parts would be useful. Are there any such parts in England? I suspect I might have to scour New Zealand, but I am told that only about 5 second front Slough DS19s went to NZ in the first place.

Roger

Hi Roger,

here's an idea ... Put a 'wanted' add on ebay. Seriously 50's & 60's DS's were dead and gone as usable daily cars 35years ago (DS's rust horifyingly badly in the UK).

If you advertise on ebay possibly someone a country we haven't though of may reply (post your add on ebay.com .... not ebay.com.au).

seeya,
Shane L.

I know of one DW surviving in New Zealand, I recall there were about 10 imported to NZ,

reynolds book shows the following slough production

1964 365
1965 63

smiffy1071 said:
Hi Tony, I think Helmut "might" know some more about this one. You might have met him at the stratford rally last week. He's the very tall German guy, with the very short Irish wife, from scotland. john s

Hi Smiffy, We've known Pat & Helmut for years. As far as I know no one in the CCC over here knows of another. I've asked several D Series members and no one knows, although there is always a possibility. I was reading the John Renyolds "80 years of Citroen in the UK" and noticed the export number for 1964 and thought I'd ask if there was one overseas.

Dom
(Little Weston)

Roger Wilkinson said:

Roger

Slough DS are rare over here or very sought after (understandably) and so are difficult to get. Some of the instruments (Smiths) and items like the ashtrays were used on other British cars, but these are hard to spot. The actual dashboard facia themselves were hand made and so they are especially difficult one that matches. (Designs were changed alot)

Sorry I can't be any more help there, but keep asking and someone may be able to help you.

Good luck.
Dom
(Little Weston)

petermelb said:
I know of one DW surviving in New Zealand, I recall there were about 10 imported to NZ,

reynolds book shows the following slough production

1964 365
1965 63

Hi, could you put me in contact with the owner or point me in the right direction, as it would be nice to have a chat with him and if possible, see images of his car.

Many thanks,
Dom
(Little Weston)

P.S. A big thank you to everyone who replyed and helped.

WESTON89 said:
Hi Smiffy, We've known Pat & Helmut for years. As far as I know no one in the CCC over here knows of another. I've asked several D Series members and no one knows, although there is always a possibility. I was reading the John Renyolds "80 years of Citroen in the UK" and noticed the export number for 1964 and thought I'd ask if there was one overseas.

Dom
(Little Weston)
Hi
What a strange place to meet up again!!
We did look out for you at Stratford but didnt see you, what car were you in?
Im not sure what a ID19M is, what are the differences between it and the normal ID.

Roger
Ill ask Bob to have a look at the interior bits we have for the slough DS if he makes it as far as Scotland, If they would suit he could stick them in the boot of Buttercup.
Cheers
Helmut

helmut said:
Hi
What a strange place to meet up again!!
We did look out for you at Stratford but didnt see you, what car were you in?
Im not sure what a ID19M is, what are the differences between it and the normal ID.

Cheers
Helmut

Hi, it is strange to meet here, isn't it?
We didn't see you at Stratford, but then I didn't expect to see you that far down from Scotland.
We went Japanese and took a Mitsubishi as it was the only car on the road with a towbar.

And to answer your question, a DS19M is basically a DS19, but with a manual gearbox rather than a hydraulic semi-auto box.

All the best,
Tony

WESTON89 said:
Hi, it is strange to meet here, isn't it?
We didn't see you at Stratford, but then I didn't expect to see you that far down from Scotland.
We went Japanese and took a Mitsubishi as it was the only car on the road with a towbar.

And to answer your question, a DS19M is basically a DS19, but with a manual gearbox rather than a hydraulic semi-auto box.

All the best,
Tony
Tony, I don't understand how you could have missed him, the orange pullover was a bit of a give away!! :joker: john s

helmut said:
Roger
Ill ask Bob to have a look at the interior bits we have for the slough DS if he makes it as far as Scotland, If they would suit he could stick them in the boot of Buttercup.
Cheers
Helmut

You're a marvel, cobber.

I'm flat out getting my 1959 Slough DS19 ready for the 50th anniversary shindig in Melbourne in a month's time. I've only just come inside from replacing the lower right ball joint, after the original was ground away by an unfriendly piece of road just south of Dubbo when the wheel fell off as I was driving it down from Bob's place. It's now after midnight and the last couple of evenings have been the first ones for some months when you could comfortably work in an unheated shed.

Hope the ID19 is going well.

Cheers,
Roger