Simca Records

Westair

Fellow Frogger
The SIMCA Aronde established a new world record by travelling 62,137 miles, approximately 2 1/2 times around the world, in less than 37 days, averaging 70.02 mph, at Montlhery, France. This broke the prvious record by earlier model.
On 19 Dec 57, an Aronde began its trip that set a new trans American speed record. The SIMCA made it from New York to Los Angeles in 46 hours and 3 minutes. The previous record of 47 hours, 37 minutes was held by a V8 powered American car.

Does any of the more mature group members remember the Simca record between two towns in France , on two wheels , approx 53ks or miles apart by a stunt driver in the early 60's.
I can remember motor mag articles and it was in newsreels. If you don't remember newsreels you won't know this!!!

The French stunt drivers name was Jean Sunny. Ah! The newsreels and standing up for the Queen. Jaffa races down the aisles. Oh! Where were we?

An American group of stunt drivers [cascadeurs] the United States Stunt Drivers performed cunning stunts in Simca P60's in the 1960's. Jumping a row of cars and all that.

Jean Sunny- As soon as I saw it all came back-must have been "seniors pause"

Will follow up but here is one car.

Attachments

• Simca of Jean Sunny.jpg
    Simca of Jean Sunny.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 450
Westair said:
Jean Sunny- As soon as I saw it all came back-must have been "seniors pause"

Will follow up but here is one car.
Jean Sunny mainly used the Ariane but later went on to use the Simca 1000 for the same sort of tricks.

JP