Simca Rally

panhard

Fellow Frogger
Just a reminder to anyone interested. The 3rd Australian National Simca Rally is being held in Echuca and starts next Saturday 8th October and lasts till Friday 14th. I'm sure the owners and enthusiasts of any French car are more than welcome to join in the activities.............. Might see you there!!

JP (Simca Man)

More strength to you JP if your gonna pilot one of those old girls to Echuca, that's a lotta miles. Only ever been for one ride in a Simca, must have been all of 8, never forgot.

Truth is I'm just waiting for the worm drive register to have their next meet in Cooktown NQ or Derby NWA so my 403 can get a decent run up.

All the best, have a great time.

ed ge

pity there not at Bathurst anymore.

edgedweller said:
More strength to you JP if your gonna pilot one of those old girls to Echuca, that's a lotta miles. Only ever been for one ride in a Simca, must have been all of 8, never forgot.

Truth is I'm just waiting for the worm drive register to have their next meet in Cooktown NQ or Derby NWA so my 403 can get a decent run up.

ed ge

Hi ed ge,

Thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately time got the better of me in my rebuild of the Aronde wagon, so close yet so far. so I am having to fly over. One never needs to worry about the reliability of the Simca and in fact we have four cars driving down from Queensland, one from as far as Roma. "Some Car This Simca", but then again the Peugeot may be even better. I believe there are at least three Simca Aronde's entered for the trial next year so it will be interesting to see how they stack up against the others, or should I say how the others will stack up against the Simca.

The Simca Rally will show some models that most have never seen, like the "Bagheera" and the Simca "1501". Worth a trip to Euchuca?

Good to be talking to you.

JP - Simca Man

edgedweller said:

ed ge

There is a Round Australia tour for 504s and earlier in 2007.
Graham