Simca P60 or Aronde Chassis and engine Nos.

Westair

Fellow Frogger
Simca P60 or Aronde Chassis and engine Nos.with pics

Haven't been able to find on net so thought someone may have chassis/serial numbers for various model years-both Flash and Rush engined cars.

P60s arrived today and had quick clean and taking list of missing and damaged bits on each one.

Attachments

• Simca Blue damaged bonnet.jpg
    Simca Blue damaged bonnet.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 688
  • Simca Blue motor.jpg
    Simca Blue motor.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 657
  • Simca white lh rear.jpg
    Simca white lh rear.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 790
Last edited:
The Glass' Dealer guide give the following for the Chrysler Keswick production cars.

6/60 Chassis No. ASA2/2A-1 onwards, Engine 1940743 onwards (Aronde)

1/61 Chassis No. ASA2/2A-5701 onwards, Engine 2038020 onwards (Aronde). Chassis No. ASA2/1A-1 onwards, Engine 1979271 onwards (Etoile) Seems like the Etoile was introduced to use up the old motors.....

10/61 Chassis AS3/2A-1 onwards, Engine 2601881 onwards (Aronde).
Chassis AS3/2E-1 onwards, Engine 2620526 onwards (Wagon)

1/62 Chassis AS3/2A-521 onwards, Engine 2608554 onwards (Aronde)
Chassis AS3/2E-351 onwards Engine 2625662 onwards (Wagon)

Simca Aronde Identification

Westair said:
Haven't been able to find on net so thought someone may have chassis/serial numbers for various model years-both Flash and Rush engined cars.

P60s arrived today and had quick clean and taking list of missing and damaged bits on each one.
Hi Speedy,

Unfortunately Chrysler Australia destroyed or took out of the country any production records on the Simca. What I can tell you is the model identification codes and the year of manafacture. You will find this code on the manufacturers plate and punched into the vehicle body on the panel that runs across in front of the radiator (above the grill). The codes are:-

MODEL CODE YEAR STARTING SERIAL NUMBERS
ASA1-2A 1959-60 ASA1-2A-1
ASA2-1A 1960-61 ASA1-2A-1
ASA2-2A 1960-61 ASA2-2A-1
ASM2-2A 1960 ASM2-2A-1
AS3-2A 1961-62 (5 BEARING) AS3-2A-1
AS3-2E 1961-62 " AS3-2E-1
AS4-2A 1962 " AS4-2A-1
AS4-2E 1962 " AS4-2E-1

I have the chassis/serial numbers for each of the various model of the Aronde produced in France from 1951 to 1960, but this information is not applicable to the Australian produced Simcas. Australia was always many months behind France in introducing new models, for instance the five bearing Rush motor was released in France in October 1960, but it was mid 1961 before it reached our shores.

Hope this helps you a bit.

JP

Thanks Simon- both these cars are AS4- One has Rush the other Flash.
I had Etoile with Flash engine as it was Blue and white and the dealer offered magic deal on my 59 Aronde to get me into new body style.

Warren

Try to get a hold of a book called the Australian Automobile Identification Manual (I think that's it) by Lance Lowe... came out about 1972 or so...

It has sample engine and chassis numbers for many years, taken from road test cars, cars he had in the workshop etc.

Police and libraries (State Library, I guess) should be able to steer you in the right direction. If you have trouble let me know, I might get onto Lance's son and see if he has one. Mine got bulldozed in the house.

Ray Bell said:
Try to get a hold of a book called the Australian Automobile Identification Manual (I think that's it) by Lance Lowe... came out about 1972 or so...

It has sample engine and chassis numbers for many years, taken from road test cars, cars he had in the workshop etc.

Police and libraries (State Library, I guess) should be able to steer you in the right direction. If you have trouble let me know, I might get onto Lance's son and see if he has one. Mine got bulldozed in the house.

Thanks to Ray and others for info.
Still sorting out which one is to be "the one". Each has advantages.
One has complete motor -apart from coil- oil is clear and now has oil down plug holes-no obvious leaks.
The other motor is stripped- block and crankshaft left. Bag of sand on piece of ply over cylinders- but with no sump crank is rather rusted. It would come up with grind but maybe already past redemption. Cylinder bores have no lip what so ever.
Both have minor floor rust- around $100 each with my friendly welder who is very good.

Will get complete motor at least turning over before we pull it-maybe even fire it up!! :wink2: