Simca beauty.

Frans

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I think that the Simca brand is very underestimated. Here are some photos that I came across that are very spectacular, both in looks and in performance. These cars date back to the early and mid-sixties and the performance for those days is out of this world. The engine is done by Carlo Abarth and the street going 2000 cc developing 177hp and the competition ones over 200hp normally asperated!!

They could breathe well enough to handle a pair of 58 DCOE-Sidedraught Webers.

The body shape is stunning.

thumbnail_IMG_1386.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1388.jpg

Regards Frans.

Eek. 58 mm!! Simcas seem either underestimated or ignored, don't they. Best wishes for Xmas and the New Year to all of you.

Yeah there is a bit of A110 there, Oh that is tasty! Agree, what a beauty, and 170hp from 2000cc in ~1960 is no joke.

Wait Simca even is that?

twin spark and whats the finned box under the carbs was thinking dry sump but the sump looks to big for that ,cam boxes look a bit fiat ,also some Djet there as well ,

Yeah there is a bit of A110 there, Oh that is tasty! Agree, what a beauty, and 170hp from 2000cc in ~1960 is no joke.
They are incredibly sought after in Europe.
I remember seeing some prices for used parts and engines about ten years back, incredibly expensive.

I think the R8 Gordini managed more than that in terms of power/litre.
Any car that Zagato touched was stripped and modified so that it could be elegant and win races.
240 bhp was the typical output for racing 2 litre cars.