Simca aussie trek

panhard

Fellow Frogger
It’s on! ………… the Simca “Aussie Trek” is happening with the cars leaving Adelaide on the 26th October 2011 for a fourteen day drive across the Nullarbor and the South West of WA reaching Mandurah for a week of Simca activities from 9 – 16 October. This will possibly be the first and last time that such a number of Simca’s will cross the country.

If you own a French car and always wanted to tackle the Nullarbor you would be welcome to tag along providing your car is well serviced and in good mechanical order (tight schedule doesn’t allow for major breakdown). You would be welcome to join in the week of events with the Simca group in Mandurah, but with the understanding that you would make your own accommodation arrangements etc. (can offer recommendations). With the older cars there is always safety in numbers when travelling a distance.

The Simca Car Club Australia would not take any responsibility for non-members.

ITINERARY

DAY DATE DEPART ARRIVE DISTANCE

01 26.09.11 ADELAIDE PORT AUGUSTA 308
02 27.09.11 PORT AUGUSTA PORT LINCOLN 349
03 28.09.11 PORT LINCOLN CEDUNA 402
04 29.09.11 CEDUNA EUCLA 493
05 30.09.11 EUCLA BALLADONIA 503
06 01.10.11 BALLADONIA ESPERANCE 417
07 02.10.11 REST DAY ESPERANCE 0
08 03.10.11 REST DAY ESPERANCE 0
09 04.10.11 ESPERANCE ALBANY 470
10 05.10.11 REST DAY ALBANY 0
11 06.10.11 ALBANY MANJIMUP 230
12 07.10.11 MANJIMUP BUSSELTON 145
13 08.10.11 REST DAY BUSSELTON 0
14 09.10.11 BUSSELTON MANDURAH 152
(VISIT DARDANUP HERITAGE PARK ON WAY)

The group will be based in Mandurah at the Ocean Marina Chalets from 9th to 16th October.

For those flying in from interstate there will be a pick-up from Perth Airport for flights arriving between 0900 and 1400 hours with an estimated 1500 hr. time of arrival in Mandurah.

Hi John, sounds like a great adventure and I look forward to welcoming the Simcaites to WA! (or is it Simcverts?) ;)

I believe they are also on track to join this years Perth French Car Festival which will be a very special moment for Simca in WA. Can't wait! All the best in the planning. :)

Justin.

Hi John, sounds like a great adventure and I look forward to welcoming the Simcaites to WA! (or is it Simcverts?) ;)

I believe they are also on track to join this years Perth French Car Festival which will be a very special moment for Simca in WA. Can't wait! All the best in the planning. :)

Justin.
Justin,
The correct term is "Simcaphile". This is both grammatically and/or historically correct.

Although used by many the term Simcaites would have to be the most clumsiest of names to pronounce. If it has to be used put a hyphen between Simca and ites... Simca-ites.

Great! Gives me just enough time to buy a Simca-Abarth in preparation. :D

What time do you guys assemble/leave Adelaide, I'd love to have a look at the cars.

If you let me know closer to the time just when and how many I might be able to arrange morning tea in Denmark when you pass through. :wink2:

That would be fantastic! .............. will keep you posted closer to the date.

Doing our best to give our visitors a great welcome when they come into WA and any suggestion would be welcome. They will be based in Mandurah from where a week of activities are planned which will culminate with the "French Car Festival" on the 16th October.

JP - SIMCA MAN