SEQ - Macleans Bridge Show - 11 May

Brad

Fellow Frogger
Every Mothers Day, the largest unique car show in the Southern Hemisphere is held at Mcleans Bridge, about 30min South of Brisbane toward Beaudesert.

Last year, a large group of forum members met up in Brisbane and drive down to the show and I am now wanting to organise the same for this year.

Here are some photos from last year.
<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/files/brisbane15052002/" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/files/brisbane15052002/</a>

This year the show is on 11 May, the suggested meeting spot is the same as last year, the Garden City carpark, on the corner of Macgregor Street and Kessels Road (UBD Ref: 201 - D12) at 8am.

I think there is a small entry fee ($5), but the number of cars on show is well worth it. You will see totally unique cars at this show, all with great pedigrees.

So who is interested?

So far we have the following people
Phasis - Brad
Cal
Neil
Chipper - Brendan
Reno 17 - ???

<small>[ 28 April 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Phasis ]</small>

I'll be there for the cruise down, but will not put my car on display this year. The cost to display is $7 at the gate. Pre paid is $5 (through your car club). It is really geared towards sports cars with a separate area for sedans. That said, this area has been growing over the past 10 years or so. Last year it was about 1/2 the size of the sports car area. A great day for a look at some cars and a picnic lunch before catching up with mum. I'm lucky, my mum always comes down to Macleans Bridge with us. :D

Cheers,

Cal.

Cal.

Sounds Awesome

I'm there !

Cant wait.

<small>[ 29 April 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Reno17 ]</small>

So no one's keen?

Was a big article on the front page of my local rag, saying how big they expect it to be this year.

They were going on about how its the biggest classic car show in the southern hemisphere.

It’s going to be a Sunnybank Hills Shopping Town in the event of wet weather.

Thanks Reno, Check the posting in the General forum

Ok, meeting time has been changed to 9am as some of us like to sleep. Same place

Hi I will see you guys there! Won't be in a Renault though. :(
Craig