Scratched & chiped Windscreens - Wiper scratches

R8philSA

Fellow Frogger
Just speaking to the guys in Adelaide. I have a supplier in Sydney [Ralph Moore Autoglass Pty. Ltd] that can supply me a after market windscreen for my Renault Caravelle for $275 Inc. GST. Trouble with this is of course is POSTAGE costs !!
He has said if I can get a few orders together in the next month or so he can drastically reduce the postage costs. Doesn't matter what type screen you order, (one bloke is ordering an Alfa Screen) he lives in Adelaide and is waiting for guys like me to get a screen to save postage costs. The glass arrives at a depot in Beverly Adelaide and you go get it.
Any takes in Adelaide just answer this post.
Cheers
Phil

I'm pretty sure that's where my new laminated R8 screen came from Phil. Good quality UK Triplex.

Thanks John. Since placing this I'm seriously considering getting the scratches polished out professionally. Do you know if it's a good option ??

Phil

Thanks John. Since placing this I'm seriously considering getting the scratches polished out professionally. Do you know if it's a good option ??

Phil

I have been advised that it is a bad option as one can never get the final result being of even thickness & thus one gets lensing effects. Perhaps techniques are now up to the task.

cheers! Peter

I have been advised that it is a bad option as one can never get the final result being of even thickness & thus one gets lensing effects. Perhaps techniques are now up to the task.

cheers! Peter

And, if it is a toughened glass windscreen, it can effect the glass, making it more prone to breaking. For $275, it isn't worth the hassle.