Save Lakeside.

Cal

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
There will be a meeting held at the gates of Lakeside Raceway this Saturday 25/5 at 2pm. The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss the future of the track. Representatives from Pine Rivers Shire Council (the new owners) will be there to listen to the opinions of the supporters. I must attend one of my best friends wedding, so can not make it. If you live in SE QLD and can go along, please please do. Don't let another historic Australian circuit die. This might be our last chance.

Cheers Cal.

Cal,

When you say Pine Rivers Shire "owns" Lakeside now, did they buy Sakzewskis proerty freehold or just the actual business - Lakeside Raceways?
I couldn't imagine Syd or his successors being in enough financial strife to have actually had the property sold up on them. I'd have reckoned he'd have either started breeding cows or chopped it up into building blocks before he'd have gone down the gurgler :confused:
I know there's a lot of concern within the sports sedan ranks as well as the historics about it not continuing.
I would reckon with all this crap presently going on over insurance premiums, there won't be too many ready to put their hands up either; can you imagine what hysteria another Todd Wilkes type episode would cause :rolleyes:

Alan S

They bought the freehold for about $600,000... it was a liquidation sale due to outstanding debts. I guess the management there hasn't been as good as in the past over the last five or six years, and the advent of Qld Raceway doesn't help. Though it should have done... it was handled very badly, IMNSHO.

The next issue is the timing of this meeting... on the eve of a race meeting at Qld Raceway! I'm not sure if it's practice day, but to be sure, everyone connected with running the meeting and the cars will be out there... so the Council are doing their usual snow job.

Get as many people out there as you can, make a lot of noise! I can't be there, I'm working in Bathurst Saturday, but plenty should be able to make it.