Rust repairs - anythings possible !!

Ah yes, TonyBMW.

I've been reading a few of his threads lately as they're quite good at keeping me from despairing at the job I've got ahead of me with my 2 ex England cars.

Entering TonyBMW and "making panels" into google is a good way to find most of his material without hunting through retrorides

It beats me how people find that many hours to put into that size project. I'd love to bring retirement forward and get stuck into a full resto or three but I think 20 years early may be pushing it some how. It's great to see what talented people can achieve and even better seeing old cars brought back to life again. Don't worry, I'm not waiting till retirement to get Clive the R10 back into shape; it'll just take a bit longer than I'd like.

Wow! That's amazing.. Makes me wish I had skills like that.. Quality work.

I shudder to think what the bill would have looked like...

Admirable work indeed in both cases. For the Mustang, I imagine there'd be a fair amount of distortion caused by some of those long welds though, for example the floorpan. I'd wonder why they'd undertake that windscreen pillar job by butt welding strips top to bottom, when folding a sheet would probably be easier overall. Grinding back MIG welds severely isn't always a good idea as it can crack more readily than gas or TIG welds. I guess there is usually more than one way to skin a cat.