Rugby Pugs For Sale

Pug307

Sense
Fellow Frogger
The $5.5 million RWC Peugeot fleet of 307 Tourings & 607s is up for sale.

307 Tourings (I'm guessing they're the 2.0 16V petrol XSEs) are $34,190 (M) or $36,390 (A).

607s are $79,900.

In addition to the car, you get an autographed copy of former Wallabies star David Campese 's autobiography and a RWC plaque on the centre console confirming that the vehicle was used as official transport.

NSW customers get the special Euro style RWC-prefixed number plate.

The 307 Tourings represent $0 off RRP (basically the prices quoted there are RRP + metallic paint). The 607's in the same boat. Gee if they have to knock $20k off 607s with 5k on the clock down here, do they seriously think they'll move these cars for $80k :roflmao:

Pug307 said:
The 307 Tourings represent $0 off RRP (basically the prices quoted there are RRP + metallic paint). The 607's in the same boat.

For a used car .... "tell em their dreeeeeeamin' "

- XTC206 -

Pug307 said:
307 Tourings (I'm guessing they're the 2.0 16V petrol XSEs) are $34,190 (M) or $36,390 (A).

607s are $79,900.

In addition to the car, you get an autographed copy of former Wallabies star David Campese 's autobiography and a RWC plaque on the centre console confirming that the vehicle was used as official transport.

The 307 Tourings represent $0 off RRP (basically the prices quoted there are RRP + metallic paint). The 607's in the same boat.

Wow, for RRP you get a used (and probably thrashed) 307 Touring or 607 with a book, plaque and custom plates. Now that's value...Not!

Troy.

Pug307 said:
For a 607 full stop .... "tell em they're dreeeeeeamin' " :roflmao:

Its silly.

Yes they are WRC cars, memorabilia of sorts.

But they are used cars, should be sold as such.

People would be driving them as cars, not something to be hung on a wall.

shobbz

They will never sell those 607 at that price.Yes they are dreaming... :cry: :2cents:

They'll probably sell after someone gets "an offer they couldn't refuse" but after the uphoria of the series dies down (it never was alive for my money - note:- Not a Union fan :D what value do they have?
Something driven by a hairy nosed, neckless bumsniffer would have some real memorabillia attached to it ; :rolleyes: a year from now it'll be "What was that pommy guy's name again? Johnny or was it Joey something or other; Watson, Wilson, Wilkins....you know the one. The fella that kicked that goal at the nd of the match." The only way you'd ever know whose car it was is if they've carved their initials in the dash. :mallet: :dance:

Alan S :tongue:

Pug307 said:

They're not Euro plates - they're "Vivid Blue" style as seen at http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/numberplates/numberplate_styles.html

I wonder how long the RWC livery will last.
I remember seeing people driving the Olympic Commodores around with Olympic livery on them - it only lasted about 2 months and it all started to peel off.

The prices are a bit rich though aren't they!

Derek.

Expensive! :peugeot:

Peugeot should sell them cheap to just try and get some on the road.

That way at least people could see a bit more of the range of cars they build.

DeKa said:
They're not Euro plates - they're "Vivid Blue" style as seen at http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/numberplates/numberplate_styles.html

I wonder how long the RWC livery will last.
I remember seeing people driving the Olympic Commodores around with Olympic livery on them - it only lasted about 2 months and it all started to peel off.

The prices are a bit rich though aren't they!

Derek.
Thanks for that, they're like our VIC slimline plates.

Would they be selling the cars with the RWC livery (I'd expect them to remove it), I guess I'm not much of a rugby fan, but I wouldn't want to be driving around with all that crap stuck on my car. Heck and you're paying a premium for it too!

I suspect they'll be discounting those 607s 'hush hush'. One things for sure, 607 sales probably have skyrocketed through the roof for 2003 thanks to the RWC :D 307 sales sure did get an artificial boost when the RWC 307 Tourings were registered.

yeah but they are still 307's
i can see the cars sitting for a while at those prices
hell they are used cars and do you think the people that drove them would have pampered them ????

Hi guys,

I was following a 307 sw back from the airport full of the french team 5 guys in each of the 3 cars. I was driving the 205 and they keept getting away from me! They where hitting at least 140 in these things! I would not buy one and if they are not reducing the price your pretty much buying a rooted rental!

Cheers Nick

briz205 said:
I was following a 307 sw back from the airport full of the french team 5 guys in each of the 3 cars. I was driving the 205 and they keept getting away from me! They where hitting at least 140 in these things!
It's not like they had to worry about speed fines :)

- XTC206 -

just like i thought
they were driven like they were stolen :D
but that was only to be expected as most people drive a car that they don't have to pay for in the same manner especially if they are not accountable for it

XTC206 said:
It's not like they had to worry about speed fines :)
Our fines are easy compared to theirs.

http://www.aer-net.co.uk/edr/france.htm

In France, they are issued on the spot and you pay on the spot. They aren't cheap either, exceed the speed limit more than 50km/h and you have a $2500 fine!

Drink driving - fines up to $7,500.

New laws even allow them to confiscate foreign drivers licenses if you are caught speeding over 40km/h over the limit (25mph). If you're a Pom crossing the channel to load the car up with some nice wine, you have to cover the cost of bringing the car home if you don't have a second driver.

According to this page, if you pay up front for minor offences, you can get a 30% discount :) http://www.day-tripper.net/drive-infrance.html

Still, think of the Poms. Over $300 if you speed by 20km/h!!!
Then you have Yugoslavia, about $8 if you speed by 20km/h. What a bloody bargain!

Have a look at the comparison here, done by Germany's ADAC back in 2001 http://www.fisc-racing.com/misc/speed.html

All of this pales in comparison to Finnish speeding fines which are effectively 'means tested'. Little wonder they handed out a $155,000 fine to a Nokia executive caught doing 75km/h in a 50km/h zone. Why? According to his last tax return, he earnt USD 13,000,000. But he wanted to appeal because his income had dropped since his last tax return :)

Pug307 said:
All of this pales in comparison to Finnish speeding fines which are effectively 'means tested'. Little wonder they handed out a $155,000 fine to a Nokia executive caught doing 75km/h in a 50km/h zone. Why? According to his last tax return, he earnt USD 13,000,000.

Means testing is an interesting concept ... cause a $500 fine is buggar all for company executives - yet you will have things like Kerry Packer paying a $10 fine cause according to his aco****ant he earns nothing each year. Points on the other hand is "the way" to losing your licence - it doesn't discriminate.

- XTC206 -

Do the wagons come with the RWC Stickers all over them???

Cya Stalled

hahahahaha I must have spelt accountant wrong :) .... Didn't know accountant was a dirty word :confused: lawyer maybe !!!

- XTC206 -

Hi,

You can't buy the wagon unless its been a RWC car? I guess that why they have been so popular? Have you heard anything about what they are going to do with the 607's?

Cheers Nick