Rotec TBI / Holden 202 / Slide Throttles

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi Nerds!

So the you-tube algorithm landed me to this Aussie mob that make fuel delivery systems for primarily, aeroplane engines. It just happens that they mocked up a 202 for the sake of testing, and here I am.

So holy crap! This system has like no 5 x sealing gaskets, and two of them are in the fuel pump. Lets count them;

1 x fuel pump return spring o-ring,
1 x diaphragm under main regulator hat,
2 x gasket o-ring at the end of the needle,
1 x gasket for the slide throttle.

I think there are more then 4 x o-rings before I even take the top hat of my Weber :p

Anyway that's only of partial interest.

So traditional diaphragm fuel regulator with a spring one way valve, fuel pressure ~5-15psi, doesn't really matter, then a SU style slide needle under a slide throttle that is drawn by the engine.

Wait.. is this just a re-organised SU carb? One circuit, idle adjusted by the position of the slide throttle. Brilliant.

It just seems so simple, what aren't all carbs like this, oh and should have said, no float bowl = you can drive your car upside down, or at least, mount it where ever you like, on any angle..

Also dig a slide throttle!

Last edited:
I prefer my multiple webers to a single SU, but thanks for the info.
Have you bought the supercharger yet ?
I had throttle slides partially jam open on a 1500hp, F1 engine car car when the boost pressure and airflow did not allow the slides to completely shut when I really, really, had to slow for a corner. Remember, you should wear brown underpants when testing some cars.

Way to just casually drop you were testing 1500hp of, (assuming BMW?), oh what a sordid life you are having :p

Why not multiple SU's / or what ever this fuel delivery systems is? :p And can a Weber still work upside down? Check mate!

And no I haven't bought my supercharger yet.. the bank just pre approved us for a loan, we have till December to buy something so I've gotta be a little sensible with my toy chest.

Last edited:
Good to see you have your priorities right. One of those throttle bodies with a supercharger should fit within the budget until home loan interest rate go up. Just remember, it it works, and goes around the track fast... ish you have an asset to sell rather than just a pile of old parts