Roll Cage Suppliers

parry

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi guys,

I think its time to get a full rollcage in the little pug to help strenthen the chassis and also save my life.

Other than Bond Roll Cages, are there any other fabricators in Sydney I can get quotes from?

Peter, can you find out where Matts car was built, I like that roll cage as it didnt cut into the dash at all.

Cheers
Parry

DejaVu said:
you'd probably also want a CAMS approved roll cage too if your taking it to a track yes?

I dont believe they check that at supersprints or at club level. Only if I want the car logbooked.

same issue as my harness mounting...

My thoughts if its not CAMS approved, then maybe its best not to go that way... & its gonna be a lot safer to get a CAMS approved one!

They're knocking it back on safety grounds, which is the whole point you're putting it in right?

nate said:
same issue as my harness mounting...

My thoughts if its not CAMS approved, then maybe its best not to go that way... & its gonna be a lot safer to get a CAMS approved one!

They're knocking it back on safety grounds, which is the whole point you're putting it in right?

Nothing to do with safety, CAMS cages need to comply with international standards for liability reasons, they can then transfer the liability back to the FIA if anything goes wrong!
There was nothing wrong with alloy cages, but they had to be banned when we went to international standards 5 years ago as they weren't accepted in Europe.
Graham

parry said:
Hi guys,

also save my life.
Don't worry about cutting dashes etc., how much is your life worth? Get the best cage you can afford, I've had two friends die for the sake of a bar or two in the cage....
Chris (photos of my new cage coming soon, I'm just painting it)

Hi guys,

If you get a simple 6 point cage put in by any roll cage manufacturer I think you will find that it will be made to CAMS specs anyway therefore able to be approved if needed.

-Will

casnell said:
Don't worry about cutting dashes etc., how much is your life worth? Get the best cage you can afford, I've had two friends die for the sake of a bar or two in the cage....
Chris (photos of my new cage coming soon, I'm just painting it)
Yes, cut the dash, there is nothing worse than the front leg encroaching on the floor area where it interferes with your feet and where you can hit it with your knee.
Graham