Roll Cage for 205gti

neil

Fellow Frogger
Has anybody fitted one/had one made for a 205gti?

If so how much?

Neil

Get your oil pickup fixed first fool roll_lau

Neil, Bond-roll bars have a 205 4-point kit ready to produce.
They supplied my 306 cage and its very strong, light and works well. - chris

ps, get your oil pick up fixed first :p

Neil.

I was quoted approx $3000 for a fully welded in 6 point cage with these extras: harness bar, windscreen bar, rear diagonal, with the rear legs welded to the rear shock towers. I think that was it.

Anyway I got another quote from another place and it was down around $2000. Just make sure that it will be a CAMS approved cage whoever does it.

Darren

PS. Get that oil surge problem fixed first. Get your sump baffled, that will fix it. :D

<small>[ 07 October 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: MYT205 ]</small>

205s don't have rear shock towers, they obviously don't know Peugeots!

Graham Wallis

Forgot to mention, CAMS rules are changing as of next year, more expensive and more chance of hitting your head on the cage, get it done and CAMS log booked before the end of 2003.

Graham Wallis

Bond Rollbars 4 pt cage for the swift cost $650 thats including the link across back legs for the harness mount and 4 eye holes for the belts.
there is another $250 fee for the installation into the swift.
I would think 205 prices wouldnt be too far from it.

Each additional bar (eg side intrusion) costs $121 + fitting
Front section is additional $400 + fitting
Painting is extra.

If the car is fully stripped, a 6 point Bond roll bar was $1850 about two months ago.

Oops, my bad.

I meant rear wheel arches. whistle

Peter, thats for the basic 6 point bolt in yourself if I remember correctly?

No, that was welded in, ready to paint.

Yep, through the dash with a nasty big hole saw.

The latest from CAMS is that the new rules may not happen next year after all.

Graham Wallis

Look the oil surg will be fixed before any other mods are undertaken. I posted to get a rough guide as to the cost and design of an effective roll cage for my pug. The plan is to retire the pug from everyday use and have it dedicated to motor sport.

Peter does Adrian’s cage run to the front strut towers? And where does it stop at the rear?

I have found a guy in Brisbane who will make a fully welded cage, cams approved for around the $1000 mark. From the small amount of research I have done I believe the Bond cage is not cams approved?

Neil

cheers!

Neil,
Bond Rollbars assured me the construction of my cage is cams approved hence should pass the inspection. I only have the cage for personal safety in case of a rollover. When/If I go into racing I will have to fit full cage including intrusion bars. For speed events cage is not mandatory.

The main hoop shall have stright diagonal link going top to bottom.
Rear support arms from the main hoop have to be straight and at least at 30deg away from the vertical of the main hoop forming ^ structure.

That is as I understand CAMS wants the cages fitted. Although I have not seen it in writing and I have not approached to have the cage CAMS stamped.
As i mentioned above the fitting of the cage solved two problems for me, my safety in case of light rollover, and a place to fit the harness so it is more horizontal than if I used seat belt mounting points.

neil 416:
Look the oil surg will be fixed before any other mods are undertaken.
roll_lau i think you boys hit a nerve. Don't cry mate. cry

Cal. moon

Cal:
neil 416:
Look the oil surg will be fixed before any other mods are undertaken.
roll_lau i think you boys hit a nerve. Don't cry mate. cry

Cal. moon
Yes it did hit a nerve!

If I wanted to be reminded of the oil surg problem I would have made reference to it myself.

moon moon moon

BTW, the correct spelling is "surge".

whistle

Adrian's cage is fully welded in and is CAMS approved, ready for Improved Production. I doubt you'll get a 205 registered with a 6 point cage though, regardless of the side intrusion bars. The problem is the distance from your head to the roll bar.