riceboxes

I think they are excellent for the price. I now have a set of JL Audio splits which are not as loud cause the sensitivity is lower but they are a sweater sounding speaker.

+ the 6" mid bass are very deep speakers and would not fit in the Pug. However I am running one in a 15l ported box just for the time being to till organise my 10" JL sub. For a 6" is goes hard and deep, but it's still a 6".

Phassis,

Let me get one thing straight
I was not banned from a uk forum
I simply updated my internet explorer to ver 6.0 and because of the extra security settings i could not log on.
I was advised by the webmaster to simply change my settings and everything is ok.
By the way that dickhead i was debating with has an attitude simular to some of the people in here and worshipped the my way or the highway attitude.
To put it plain and simple you guys have turned me off my car (Even though i am close to completing the turbo setup) i don't even feel enthusiastic anymore because of all the bitchin going on the forums
You guys don't need a forum you already know everything
You guys r king your cars r the best and you don't give a jack about anybody else.

I think you're being a bit too sensitive Murat. Don't ever let other people's attitutes affect what your preference in a car - isn't that missing the point?

I think the reason why some people show attitute to you sometimes is because most of the time it sounds as if you're deliberately trying to upset people on these forums, and you tend to speak of japanese cars more than you do french cars.

Do you see people discussing the wonders of French cars in, I dunno, <a href="http://www.sr20det.com" target="_blank">www.sr20det.com</a> or <a href="http://www.ls1.com" target="_blank">www.ls1.com</a> without being hassled? There's a time and a place!

I don't mean 'my way or the highway' it just pisses me off. But Murat, it seems to me, that you succumbing to people's criticisms against various automobile oriented things would in fact be contradicting your stance of letting people do their own thing????

/minor stir mode on

well my stereo cost about as much as the stamp duty on the car! :p

/minor stir mode off

murat - how, does someones ideas and attitude put you off owning the same car as theres - i mean - christ if osama bin laden owned a citroen ax i wouldnt go selling it. granted there is some my car is better than your car on this forum, but name me a forum where there isnt. and im pretty sure that very few people on this forum subscribe to the my way or the highway idea - as if they did, why would they need to go on a forum like this for - they already know what is "right".

and as for the bitching, it isn't just peugoet owners (suprise) its everyone - go on ANY car forum - or any other forum for that matter and there is bitching - its life.

Dont take this personally - im not critising - i just think that we all should lighten up a tad.

Ken

:) :) :)

absolutely. we all share different views, and i think i'll end this post before people get nasty, lighten up all, me included.

:cool: :cool: ;)

Phasis, did you make the crossovers? I'm thinking of doing that for my home speakers using Vifa drivers from Jaycar, and of course, their components for the crossovers.

Probably stick to a kit for the enclosures as all the R&D has been done, but I wouldn't mind getting a book (eg. Vane) on design and making them from scratch.

Errr...carry on, chaps, you were saying?

Stuey

yeah, made all myself. Really quite easy, however can get expensive. The 500Hz 12db crossovers were about $25/side cause the coils and capacitors get bigger (more $$) the lower you want the crossover point.

If you want I can design you up one if you give me the crossover points. Jaycar has a datasheet in their catalouge giving you all the values aswell.

Have a look <a href="http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~alfisti/xover.htm" target="_blank">HERE</a>. Its a page I did a while back on crossovers, cept no values.

It can get rather tricky when u start using multiple crossovers on the one speaker because you have to keep in mond polarity issues.

Eg. if you have a sub with an 80hz Active Low-pass 12db crossover, then front speakers with a 80hz Active High-pass 12db crossover, and 5k 12db passice split crossover, then you need to reverse the polarity of one or the other (usually the front) to bring the sub and front speakers into phase with eachother.

Basicall think of 360deg. 6db is 90deg out of phase, 12db is 180deg out, 18db is 270deg out and 24db is 360deg. out. Therefore if you are using a 24db crossover, you dont need to change anything as it will be back in phase with the rest of the system provided there are no other crossovers.

The thing is boys i thought we could show a bit more maturity than the forums in the uk

They have become a joke

I have spent to much time on those forums and started by helping people out with turbo systems and questions regarding performance.

Now i can tell you i don't post over there that often (thank god)

I admit i have been to sensitive,It must of been that dude that i had a debate with over in the uk (All it was about was i mentioned that great 306 t16 turbo putting out around 360hp and he hit me with that i don't like n\a cars and u can't use that power on the streets.
I made sure i said it is horses for courses and i lost my cool by using bad language for the first time on the net).

Anyway as i posted i can't stand the idiots in my area who must be half death with the amount of noise coming out of their cars.

There is a law for exhaust sound but they must be pumping out over 100db easy

Anyway take it easy

Murat

By the way boys i did forget to tell you that i only talk about japanese cars when the subject arises.

Really it is plain and simple if i wanted a japenese car i would go out and get one (Don't u think)

I actually did pick my car over a crx when i handed the mula over.
I found the crx was guttless low in the rev range yeah even over a 74kw series 1 engine that was in my 205.
Now there is now comparison i have about 90+ kw
I found the build quality of the 87+honda crx a little better than the 205.
The 205 has much better vision (crx vision is a joke)
Power stearing was to light as well
If the crx was a 1.8 vtir then i would have bought it
Anyway i love the great engineering that comes from the japs at a very good price.
I always give credit when something deserves it whether it is a mini or silvia i don't let names vagueness character get in my way.
By the way someone mentioned bin laden imagine having a picture of him in a 205 or even better yet those big long weird citroens.
Maybe they can do a bin laden 205 video or something (307 bin laden special)thats most likely josh is waiting for (only joking josh)

Murat

yeah, i was seriously considering a silvia for a while. turbo would have been out of the question (insurance), but a 2.0 n/a i could have got for about $6k, a very nice one as one of my old man's best mates is a jap importer, and he owes us some favours. from what i gathered though, they were a bit gutless, less power than an mi16??? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaps of engine potential though!

:cool:

on the subject of stereos/etc, sony xplod??? god i wouldnt buy any of it in a million years, talk about ugly, all that red... each to their own i spose!!

ah well - alls well that ends well, - nchandler i dont find the X-plod headsets too garish - just the speakers - and for the price - much better to get some jaycar re-sponse's

Nick,

I've bought a couple of Sony components in the last few year. I had a sony head unit & stacker for a while. The only thing exceptional about it was it's mediocrity. Basicly it sucked & wouldn't read most of my CDR's without skipping (it was then stolen). At that time I also had sony 3ways in the back shelf of my car, the only good thing I could say for them is they made sound :( Very poor midrange & highs, the bass was ok, but very "muddy".

Last year I bought a CD head unit for the BX on special (sony again). Very ordinary, skips even in a Citroen sometimes to the point where it'll drive you insane, then stop... I'm starting to think maybe it gets condensation in it sometimes. Though I can't really see how :confused:

It was all stolen and I replaced it with a Pioneer head unit & 6 stacker. They are streets apart the pioneer stuff is just so much better. I went stupid & bought Alpine DDrive splits for upfront & DDdrive 2ways for the rear. I won't buy alpine again, they were just to expensive. Sound ??? Absolutly bloody brilliant. But I'm of the opinion that I could get something with clarity almost as good as them for considerably less.

Basicly I avoid 'sony' stuff now.

If I put another setup in to one of my other cars, this jaycar stuff sounds very intersting, so that's the way I'd probably go. :D

seeya,
Shane L.

[ 16 January 2002: Message edited by: DoubleChevron ]</p>

Shane,
Have been told by an audio guy that Sony chip there head units so that they won't play CD-Rs? something to do with protecting there interests ie Sony music :( I guess if you have one of the better burners around it may be less of a prob, but hey Sony are only crapping in there own nest. I have a set of Jaycar 6 x 9s in the rear shelf and 4" Jaycar in the front of the D and for the money they are hard to beat :D

Cheers
Chris

Originally posted by nchandler:
<strong>yeah, i was seriously considering a silvia for a while. turbo would have been out of the question (insurance), but a 2.0 n/a i could have got for about $6k, a very nice one as one of my old man's best mates is a jap importer, and he owes us some favours. from what i gathered though, they were a bit gutless, less power than an mi16??? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaps of engine potential though!

:cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

I gave a Sylvia U-beaut turbo a touch up a while back and you want to ask my two youngest sons 18 & 16 what happened. Particularly round a corner at 140 kph. This clown (complete with cap arse about face - didn't know if he was coming or going - got the fright of his life. The two 'ssoles sitting in the BX giving him the "finger" didn't help much either

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Alan S

I too thought my Sony wouldn't play CDR's it turns out it is fussy.
Two brands of CDR's I know to work successfully:
Mitsubishi (BLUE) $2.50 each
Kodak DS - Digital Audio Recordable $2.20-$2.50 each.
I burn music at 1X speed to really punch those 1's in too :)

Phasis,

Thanks for all that - yeah, I pick up the Jaycar catalogue every year - brilliant stuff. Thanks for the info. too.

Alan S - BRILLIANT ! Like it.

Like the day I was blocked in by two Commodores side by side on a dual carriageway in the R12 at 60 in an 80 (missus in the passenger) and I was commenting on how I would've gone through the middle in my Cooper S. Anyway, the red mist descended and next minute we were skimming between them missing by inches, and away. Love that 12 visibility...

Laughed?...she DID !

Stuey

u were on about how crappy Sony stuff was b4, i went into our local car audio place here and i had a look at 3 different ones, sony, pioneer, and clarion, it seems that the best for my money was the clarion cos it had front and rear pre outs, as well as a sub out, and the pioneer and the sony ones just had the front and rear pre outs, but they only thing they have over my clarion one, is they have all the trippy desplay, but who really need the destraction when ur drivin rite?
it help to know someboy with a bit of knowelege just to make sure that ur not getting ripped as well.