riceboxes

I remember that the engineering team at Monash Uni (they do a lot of independant car crash testing etc) did a test on those "doof doof" stereos and fitted them to a variety of cars, including a brand new Mercedes Benz E Class.

The vibrations from the sub was slowly shaking the E-class to bits, so imagine what it does to old Crummydores and old Pulsars!

Personally I don't can't understand spending big dollars on ICE in crappy car... personally I think it just makes the car more of a target to get stolen. But then I suppose that also goes for any car. I would certainly make sure a put a good alarm on a car that I spent anything extra on ICE in, at least for the deterent factor.

And Murat: Somebody has to stand up for Froggy cars, cause sure as Sh!t the yob's and the jap's don't.

Originally posted by The Pupat:
<strong>Personally I don't can't understand spending big dollars on ICE in crappy car</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's a hobby that some take seriously, whether it be SPL or SQ comps.
I'd say dont knock it till you've tried it.
But then there are those, to which you're probably referring to that could spend a bit less in some areas and a bit more elsewhere.

Andreas

Yeah I used to be firmly against ICE, added weight makes the car go slower...but then after finding the limits in too many stock system and been in a couple of cars with aftermarket setups. I'd go aftermarket, but I still don't understand why people would go to the extremes they do (like in Fast Fours and Hot Fours) without modifying the engine or car. Anyway each to their own.

Andreas when you going to get your site up and running I WANT TO SEE MODDED PUGS :D :D :D :D

Man i would love to mod my pug but the parts just seem to cost more than jap aftermarket parts! =(

If i had the money, i would like to get the wide body kit!

i agree andreas, 'bout ya comment that ppl spend all there money on ICE and none on the engine or body, then u get the ppl (ricies) that all they do is put huge body kits on em, and then forger about the engine, i dont get it, mah 205 GTi woult cain there cars ass, and i think it looks better as well..
but all ppl to their own.

heah we've been trhough this before, each to their own blah blah.
i accept alot of what people do to their cars but sometimes i have to cringe.

anyway...my site...hmmm
not sure what's happening, i may just have to put the old site back up for the time being.

Andreas