RH Drive Shaft

Justin B

Fellow Frogger
HI all,

I think my RH drive shaft is buggered. When up on stands and I move the wheel.. the shaft 'wobbles' ...

Also, I hear some irksome sounds coming from the intermediate bearing... :(

Does anyone have a good contact for new / used / recon driveshafts for Pug 205's?

Thanks
Justin

There is mob by the name of turner drive shafts, that my pug mechanic used. sorry jus had the sticker on the drive shaft with out any phone numbers. But i do believe they are in Sydney, guess you could try yellowpages to look them up.

Hope it helps

Hi Justin,

Well I've just been through the 205 driveshafts nightmare. Firstly new replacement parts from Peugeot are unbelievable expensive - like $600-$700 each. I snapped my RHS outer driveshaft clean at the outer hub spline and went to the wreckers expecting it to be easy to replace. Well it aint :(

Basically from what I have learned, there is a difference between Series-1 and Series-2 outer driveshafts and they actually have a different inner-spline that goes into the tripod arrangement with 3 large balls. This tripod then fits into the inner driveshaft, outer cup (if that makes sense).

Chat with me if you want and I can send you a few pics but bottom line is make sure that you get the correct piece and if possible, get a full, good condition driveshaft as a replacement. At the very least, if you get just a shaft, make sure that it comes with the tripod/ball bearing arrangement so that you're not left trying to match one as they are as rare as hen's teeth.

Also, if it is starting to wobble, I recommend replacing it ASAP as if they start to vibrate, from experience they actually start to self-destruct and damage more components like CV etc.

In the end, I got help through Adrian at Pugsport who got his wrecker contacts directly in touch with me to ensure we got the right parts.

Good luck :)
Steve

<small>[ 13 October 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: WRX2PUG ]</small>