Returning to Peugeot...

Kyle

Fellow Frogger
Howdy all... after a rather lengthy absence from pug owership i've decided I could no longer resist fate!

I came across a rather cheap gti6 (the one listed here a few pages back) which came across another forum i'm on, and decided it was too cheap to pass up.. Yep, it does have it's issues, but that can be worked through.

Anyway, just wanted to say g'day, i'll stop by tomorrow after i've got it home (assuming it makes it before the brakes completely fail) and post up some detailed photos. I dare say i'll be giving it a full rebuild and freshen up the paint also..

Can't wait :D

Oh, anyone seen any 2nd hand compomotive MO's for sale cheap at all? :tongue:

Nice find. I had that lined up the following day if you had not bought it. Great buy. Looks complete.

Ive just bought an Xsara VTS and the brakes need similar treatment although its only discs and pads and not the MC. That should be fairly easy to change unless its the Servo, then it a bit of a job.

What else needs doing to it?

Glad your bad, you wont regret it..

Cam

Hey Cam! Long time no see :D
According to owner, just a new MC...which is cheap outta the UK and easy to fit.
Would be ecstatic if it just needed a bleed-up though!

It needs attention to the paint and the drivers door actuator or switch.

I actually haven't even laid my eyes on it yet.... but have paid in full. Picking it up ~8am haha.

Kyle, I've got newish discs/pads if you need em. Also Cat & R Muffler off my recently deceased XSi 306. Let me know, Keith

Cheers guys! :D

She's a bit rough around the edges, but nothing that can't be fixed!

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

Got a few things to do..
Replace green drivers window reg slider
Clutch has a slight slip
Front left wheel bearing or a bush might need attention
Obvious paintwork is obvious
Needs an LSD

And i'm going to wire in a Haltech sprint 500 just for shits and giggles

she looks pretty good! Hope you have some fun with it.
Also noticed it has the wrong rear bumper, hasn't got a cut out for the exhaust tip!

I do like those seats!

Mate looks great. That color blue goes really well with a satin black bonnet or roof..... since they need a lic 'a paint anyways!

Good score!

Welcome back - I wonder what happened to the S16? Yes, it did have close to 900 million km on the clock, but those wheels were awesome!

Looks like a good pick up for not much cash! No more XR6T I take it as well?

have been busy painting things, Repairing windows and repairing gear linkages!

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

attachment.php

And i've ordered new wheels for it too ;)

Perhaps I should have this moved to the restoration/projects section?

Wow - Looks good. The crackle finish cam covers look good. Funny, but I noticed the rear bumper as well and was wondering if anyone else did. Clutch's are cheap and easily done. The paint couldn't cost more than a couple of hundred bucks to get the bonnet and roof done. The bumper will be expensive though unless you can find used. It looks luverly and straight though.

Keep the updates coming !

Cheers

Justin

Paint is going to be around $1700 for bonnet, roof, bumper repairs and also repairs to the rhs just behind the door where there's a couple of dents with paint missing :)

have been busy painting things, Repairing windows and repairing gear linkages!

attachment.php

And i've ordered new wheels for it too ;)

Perhaps I should have this moved to the restoration/projects section?[/QUOTE]

How did it change gears!?!

Check the photo above it, there was a little plastic insert that was tie-wired in there and also had a pair of zippy ties making a cameo appearance too :D

Wow - Looks good. The crackle finish cam covers look good. Funny, but I noticed the rear bumper as well and was wondering if anyone else did. Clutch's are cheap and easily done.

The cam covers look wicked! :)
Also noticed the bumper too.

+ where would it be cheap to go for a clutch?! :D

Yep.. Would love to find a Nile gti6 wrecking I could pinch front a day rear bumpers off.. I'll sort it one day but it's low on the list!

Clutch I'm buying from the uk I think.. Spoox or similar

Cheers mate! Doing a LOT of research helps haha :)

Also having owned an old S16 which was rough round the edges kinda points you in the right direction for things_which_****_up lol

Dont go near spoox.

Pm me for a clutch...

Cam