Resilvering headlights

56 Fregate

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I think this has been discussed before but I am desirous of having some old headlight buckets resilvered. Does anyone have any contacts for this kind of thing preferably in Brisbane?

Correct it has, Hyqual in Caloundra area is the recommendation, I am going to get my original 205 lights redone by them, others give good reviews.

Graham,
ask to speak to Mario. He is the guy that actually does the work. Nice guy and very helpful.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited:
Graham,

A footnote to my previous response. Thread 165, in my 404 resto post, has before and after picks.
The machine they use, is ex Hella Australia equipment.
I was lucky enough to be shown through the factory and how they undertake the process.

Dan

Graham,
as to speak to Mario. He is the guy that actually does the work. Nice guy and very helpful.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited:
Hi does anyone know the process for taking out the centre bulb holder please Citroen DS so that reflector can be "restored"; see attached image; information would be really appreciated, unit seems to be clamped or crimped in some way ?
Thanks
Ross

IMG_1363 2.JPG

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not lightly pressed into place but then spot welded at several points? A close look at the rim would confirm or otherwise.

Budge

Hi does anyone know the process for taking out the centre bulb holder please Citroen DS so that reflector can be "restored"; see attached image; information would be really appreciated, unit seems to be clamped or crimped in some way ?
Thanks
Ross

View attachment 121064

It’s a press fit of sorts. There are 2 locating tabs around the circumference. Grab a fine screw driver and use it to lever the bulb holder out of the reflector.

Thanks for the replies, appreciated; I made a small frame to hold reflectors and lightly punched the lamp holder out with a small dowel; inside dish out backwards. Worked fine suspect I will be able to refit with reverse process after I have them "resurfaced"
Thanks again
Ross

IMG_3291.JPG

And I can attest to their work to now, I pulled two left hand Valeo lights apart and these are the reflectors. Now to reassemble them!
left right
Very impressed, so much so I will pull the hand unmolested one apart and get it done too.

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_092137[1].jpg
    IMG_20220121_092137[1].jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 188