Renaults in movies

renweave

Fellow Frogger
I've been searching the archives of Screensound Australia for movies which have featured Renaults. I knew that two movies of the 70s contained Renaults and started with them.

"Scobie Malone" starred Jack Thompson and an R16TS.

"End Play" features R15 and/or R17

Both these movies are in the archive and can be copied to VHS if requested as they are no longer available commercially. If you are interested then I can send you the details.

renweave said:
I've been searching the archives of Screensound Australia for movies which have featured Renaults. I knew that two movies of the 70s contained Renaults and started with them.

"Scobie Malone" starred Jack Thompson and an R16TS.

"End Play" features R15 and/or R17

Both these movies are in the archive and can be copied to VHS if requested as they are no longer available commercially. If you are interested then I can send you the details.

Renweave,

Wonderful information - many thanks.

I'd appreciate the details for getting copies. Always a sucker for R16 footage....

There was an episode of "Danger Man" with Patrick MacGoohan (forgive spelling) about 100 years ago which featured (to my eyes...) a Renault 750 and they got the sound right!!

Then, expanding, there's "The Goddess of 1967", which you may have seen in the last couple of years. Very French but not Renault.

Cheers

John

JohnW said:
Renweave,

Wonderful information - many thanks.

I'd appreciate the details for getting copies. Always a sucker for R16 footage....

There is a two part tele-movie in post production at the moment that features a 16. The mob that are doing it used two wrecks and a driver. App. story line is about some high flyer in the Ministry of Arts in Vic - names are changed to protect the guilty! Look for something that mentions the name Murray Whelan(?)
Get this, they pulled the driver out of the trading post - advertised at $800 but sold so they offered $1000 and got it on condition that it be sold back to the original buyer. Suited the buyer down to the ground as he was a bit short on the folding stuff at the time and had been stalling. Film finished -car in better condition than when they got it- so they sold it back to him for $100 - bet he didn't have any trouble finding that!
They had the film in the can and had disposed of the car when they realised that they didn't have any audio. They paid me another couple of hundred to slam doors, bonnet, boot, run motor,wipers etc. etc.
Got a call today -somebody wants my 16 for a tele ad. have to go through details sometime tomorrow. Suppose I had better give it a wash and get rid of a few of the cobwebs! They may have to be a bit soft on the focus to hide the odd battle scar - she's a daily driver not a show car -at the moment for one of the sons is pushing it around until he picks up his Xantia.
Ron

16's in movies

French movie called " Cousin Cousine " ( or very similar ) had a 16 in it. It was around about 25 years ago.
Cheers
John

How do you get onto jobs for your cars in movies/TV? What are the payment rates? I'm sure some film company is searching for a classic R12 wagon to appear in a retro film. Do you know the title of the mini-series you mention?

Fuegos are a bit of Dolph Lundgren, appearing in a few 80's movies and then no more. Most famously a nice red one followed Roger Moore's expendable buddy to the car wash in "A View to a Kill", one of many highlights amongst Christopher Walken's acting, Grace Jones' cartwheeling and Duran Duran's awesome theme song.
There's also one in an Italian car park in National Lampoon's European Vacation, you have to be quick to see it.
Finally in Goldeneye, in that mad tank chase seen, a nippy white Fuego flies in front of Pierce Brosnan's tank so it doesn't get obliterated like a truck full of Perrier.
That's all I can think of. :renault:

Hey here is a US site that places cars in movies, I know in australia there are also production companies that have large lists of cars, I have heard that you just send them in photos and they put you on file, then if someones needs what you have a fee is arranged and off you go.

http://carsinamerica.com/home.asp

I knew someone who had their house rented out a few times for stingers here in melbourne, I suppose you just have to get onto a few companies, submit your car and wait and see what happens..........

Renualt in movies, I thought there was a renault in a herbie movie?

I remember in the Professionals UK TV show some bad dudes had kidnapped a girl and were driving a Renault 12 I think, lot's of interior shots

That graphic french film that i saw "irreversible" had a 307, a 405 police car and a ZX police car and a Renault 21 in it as well as others if you can stand the graphic scenes.
Lots of people walked out. I happened to like the film. Very art film though...:D
(maybe im twisted)...:kisses:

Talking about Bond movies, there was this Renault 11 in A View to a Kill with Roger Moore as James Bond.
renault.jpg

Ren
:cheers:

I loved that bond movie. The 11 got hammered a bit didnt it....:evil:

Would you believe last night I saw an episode of Hammer House of Horror, made in 1980, and the main car for the whole episode was a brand spanking new R18 TS Stationwagon. Great to see an R18 in such good nic.

Don't forget the R25 in a great car chase in the Van Damme movie Maximum Risk.

danielsydney said:
I loved that bond movie. The 11 got hammered a bit didnt it....:evil:
A top chop and split in half. Yes, you could say it got hammered a bit.

Ren:cheers: