Renault shows off Mégane II Renault Sport

Had a look at the Megane Sport today in Frankfurt. Nice car. They had 3 there, a silver, black and an metallic orange colour.

Also had a peek into current model Clio Sport with black/cream leather interior and Clio v6 which had a tan/black interior. Both Clios were black. Nice combinations.

Also there: Clio 1600S race car, a Renault Gordini Elf F1 car from 1979 that Jabouille won in, 2 current F1 cars, Kangoo, Kangoo 4x4, Twingo, Scenic, Grand Scenic, Espace, Grand Espace, Megane hatch, Megane coupe-cabriolet, Megane sedan, Megane berline, Megane wagon, Be Bop SUV and Be Bop Renault Sport, Trafic Generation.

Had a nice 580km round trip. While on the German higways I got the Clio ('94 1.2 RN) up to an indicated 160km/h for awhile but mostly sat on 140. Tank is just above reserve - pretty good milieage at 6.2l/100km. Clocked over the 180,000th km too :) .

Saw a test mule on the road too. Couldnt work out what it was under the black tape and diguises. Got some pics while driving but nothing to confirm what it is. Small, 4 door car, about the size I'm expecting of the new Twingo but I think some of the shapes werent quite right for that. Will see!

<small>[ 17 September 2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]</small>

link to press photos..

<a href="http://www.renault.com/presse/phototheque.cfm?ID_RUB=70&id_rub2=80&langue=2" target="_blank">http://www.renault.com/presse/phototheque.cfm?ID_RUB=70&id_rub2=80&langue=2</a>

Just got back from Singapore yesterday where i saw the Megane Sport advertised in the Singapore
Times newspaper as if it was already on sale.
There was no mention of "coming soon " or stuff like that. Are they closer to coming to oz than we think. I'M confused. My wallet is getting itchy!!

From what I read its not even due on sale in France until European Spring 2004. If they can bring up production maybe they might release into Asia at the same time.. somehow I wouldnt expect it though. Maybe Australian Spring 2004...?

jr20516v:
Just got back from Singapore yesterday where i saw the Megane Sport advertised in the Singapore
Times newspaper as if it was already on sale.
There was no mention of "coming soon " or stuff like that. Are they closer to coming to oz than we think. I'M confused. My wallet is getting itchy!!
Maybe it was referring to the "sports tourer" model, rather than the Renault Sport Megane