Renault R12s spotted for sale

That is a very neat R12.

I like the deleted trim at the waist line and under the doors, this is the plan for my R12 when I get that far.

Also see that where the gear stick sits that it is a different shape to what the R12's are here, again plan to do something similar.

Not a lover of the sunroof or the rear window wiper but that is a personal choice.

I like the R12 also, and like others have said I would have not cut a hole in the roof, but the rest is great. Interesting to see what money it gets to. No reserve.

After looking at https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ there seems there are 62 R12s left on the road, but 64 R8s, 32 R17s, 25 R18, 14 Fuegos of which 5 are Turbos. It is fun reading for some of us. Interesting looking at the stats to see older cars on the road actually increasing with some models having double on the road compared to 10 years ago.

Have been told it is a Dacia body, and they have a serious rust problem. Such a pity looks like a very nice car. A lot of good work been done on it. Pity engine compartment is so dull could have had some nice detailing done to it.

Ray

I've been sent a couple of pictures of another R12 for sale in Melbourne. Part of a deceased estate, $500. PM me if you'd like more details

Attachments

• Attachment-2.jpeg
    Attachment-2.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Attachment-1.jpeg
    Attachment-1.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 120
  • Attachment.jpeg
    Attachment.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 126

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_181556_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_181556_Facebook.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20230621_181718_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_181718_Facebook.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20230621_181714_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_181714_Facebook.jpg
    849 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20230621_181706_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_181706_Facebook.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 81
I've been sent a couple of pictures of another R12 for sale in Melbourne. Part of a deceased estate, $500. PM me if you'd like more details

I had a look at this on the weekend. It’s not for me but would be great pick up if someone wanting a 12 project/G replica. Located in Bentleigh.

The good:
- one owner time warp, garaged all it’s life, rust free as far as I can tell apart from some surface rust on C pillar, bonnet and where the guards are dented. Floors, sills, scuttle panel and spare wheel area are rock solid
- interior is great aside from drivers side carpet, stitching on drivers seat, frayed front seat belts and a small nick in headlining. Renault competition sticker on wood gear knob has bubbled :)
- started up and ran fine for 5mins. Couldn’t restart so suspect old fuel or plugs (didn’t have tools with me)
- has original documentation and warranty card, 110k km from new (bought June 1974)
- Renault boutique chamois in glove box :)
- reasonably new tyres all round
- rego only just expired (June) but hasn’t been driven off property for a few years

The not so good:

- see photos, damaged front guard, front door catching on guard and small damage to rear guard
- rear bumper is bent
- needs a new rear muffler
- missing chrome trim below bootlid and c pillar vent on passenger side
- some scrapes on rear door (May polish out, whole car would come up well with a cut and polish)
- brakes may be seized a bit, couldn’t roll it by hand
- VDO tacho not working
- bonnet catch broken

I had a look at this on the weekend. It’s not for me but would be great pick up if someone wanting a 12 project/G replica. Located in Bentleigh.

The good:
- one owner time warp, garaged all it’s life, rust free as far as I can tell apart from some surface rust on C pillar, bonnet and where the guards are dented. Floors, sills, scuttle panel and spare wheel area are rock solid
- interior is great aside from drivers side carpet, stitching on drivers seat, frayed front seat belts and a small nick in headlining. Renault competition sticker on wood gear knob has bubbled :)
- started up and ran fine for 5mins. Couldn’t restart so suspect old fuel or plugs (didn’t have tools with me)
- has original documentation and warranty card, 110k km from new (bought June 1974)
- Renault boutique chamois in glove box :)
- reasonably new tyres all round
- rego only just expired (June) but hasn’t been driven off property for a few years

The not so good:

- see photos, damaged front guard, front door catching on guard and small damage to rear guard
- rear bumper is bent
- needs a new rear muffler
- missing chrome trim below bootlid and c pillar vent on passenger side
- some scrapes on rear door (May polish out, whole car would come up well with a cut and polish)
- brakes may be seized a bit, couldn’t roll it by hand
- VDO tacho not working
- bonnet catch broken

You can't go wrong with that car, especially at that price. Half a dozen weekends work could see that straightened out and on the road.

Very nice wagon:

Attachments

• r12 01.jpg
    r12 01.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 50
Someone has snuck a Virage interior in it! The sedan rear arm rests will require driving with the rear doors open if you want the back seat down :LOL:

And there is a sedan under cover on the nature strip and a third nose in primer grey hidden in the garage. (I’m concerned the “spare parts” belong in the shell in the garage.)

Reactions: COL
And there is a sedan under cover on the nature strip and a third nose in primer grey hidden in the garage. (I’m concerned the “spare parts” belong in the shell in the garage.)
I had a few pictures sent, some more still in their plastic apparently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_184109_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_184109_Messenger.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: COL
I don't want a divorce so can't persuade my beloved these are a great investment but I really want these cars safe. This is obviously the estate of a deceased aficionado. I don't know what the family wants to keep out of the three bodies as the grandson was apparently involved in the resto. My drive to the best grilled flake in Melbourne is tainted by sadness. ☹️