Renault Megane Audio-it sucks

Thanks -have already replaced the front door speakers with some morel component mids-am yet to install the tweeters and crossovers that came with them as then apparent they were not the prime issue. have added sound deadening to front doors also-thats about as far as my skill set goes-will be looking for a pro to install-had looked at the amp you mention -the phone app has some appeal-the odd bargain does seem to appear occasionally now that i know what im looking for-was a jbl a bit more upmarket with the option of subwoofer down from 999 to-549 4068? from memory -will order in the harness and keep an eye out .
i note some manufacturer's refer to a bluetooth module-does that mean the existing bluetooth is compromised?

Thanks -have already replaced the front door speakers with some morel component mids-am yet to install the tweeters and crossovers that came with them as then apparent they were not the prime issue. have added sound deadening to front doors also-thats about as far as my skill set goes-will be looking for a pro to install-had looked at the amp you mention -the phone app has some appeal-the odd bargain does seem to appear occasionally now that i know what im looking for-was a jbl a bit more upmarket with the option of subwoofer down from 999 to-549 4068? from memory -will order in the harness and keep an eye out .
i note some manufacturer's refer to a bluetooth module-does that mean the existing bluetooth is compromised?
I think thats an option to stream bluetooth to the amp directly, maybe if your head unit didn't have it.

Morel will sound quite nice :) Installing the crossover will be a bit of faff, as the factory system doesnt have one as such, just a resistor inline on the tweeter and both tweeter and door woofer fed from the single source at the headunit.

So when you install the amp, feed the crossover input from the amp - then feed the woofer feed back into the factory wiring at the head unit to feed to doors, and run new tweeter cable to the tweeters directly and bypass the factory tweeter supply (which is getting the woofer feed now).

Late update to this post-so the sound system has been transformed by the following-

Morel component speakers in front with crossovers

Kicker component speakers in the back with crossovers-this are a bit unusual as the mids rate to 35 hz rather than the 45hz of most.

All doors lined with dyna mat

Kicker 200dsp amp installed under front passenger seat.

Its possible just the upgrades sans the amp would have made a big difference but based on reviews I went all in and added the kicker amp.

See no need for sub-no audible distortion-and I do go a bit loud -sound is detailed ,dynamic and no brightness in the upper frequencies-not a cheap fix but as I plan to keep the car longterm a great investment.

Reactions: COL