Renault Megane 3 Issues

Pav2002

Tadpole
Hi everyone my first post here, I’m posting because I’m having issues with my megane 3 1.5 dci 2011. The car seems to run fine but every 200km or so an error message pops up saying engine failure hazard and the car stutters when trying to drive it. I plugged in an obd 2 scanner and looked at the faults there are multiple faults that show up after deleting these the car drives fine again for another 200km I am wondering does anyone have any ideas is it actually mechanical or purely something wrong with the on board computer.

Hi everyone my first post here, I’m posting because I’m having issues with my megane 3 1.5 dci 2011. The car seems to run fine but every 200km or so an error message pops up saying engine failure hazard and the car stutters when trying to drive it. I plugged in an obd 2 scanner and looked at the faults there are multiple faults that show up after deleting these the car drives fine again for another 200km I am wondering does anyone have any ideas is it actually mechanical or purely something wrong with the on board computer.

Listing the faults might give some insight.
Do you know the codes it was giving?

First port of call is usually battery condition,high rate discharge test,then charge rate (alternator condition/output) then I would go with electrical connections starting at battery terminals and body to engine earths.you could even check those terminals before battery/alternator checks if you wish..just a couple of suggestions…jim

Having problems with my captur 1.2 tce blowing a fuse. It brings up the STOP light and spanner light and displays the message “Engine Failure Hazard”.
Driving ok then fault comes on, engine running normally.

Traced to 15 amp fuse blown next to blue box (ECU?) under the bonnet. Brings up 15 or so faults on the local garage diagnostic machine. All clear when the fuse is replaced. But keeps blowing fuse at intermittent times. On replacing the fuse the last time the cooling fan cut in, so at least I know one thing that it feeds!

Clear the faults and when it next happens tell us all of the OBD codes you now have. Otherwise this tread will degenerate into speculation. Diesels only need fuel and air, but modern engines have complex ECU driven systems for both.

I am wondering if it is the dpf. Are you regularly driving short distances? I am thinking of getting one of these for my son, but am concerned about the dpf as he will be doing short distances generally.

Deleting OBD codes doesn't clean a filter. If it is blocked there will be a code from the pressure sensor.