Renault Koleos 2022

MishuD

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi everyone, please, anyone able to help me understand if the 'the overspeed alert with signage panel recognition' feature installed in this model actually works? I can turn it on on the settings but then it turns off itself with no reason after a couple of seconds. 3 visits later - at Renault service, no fix to this issue (replicated to another car as well). Any ideas? Similar issue?

Many thanks.
Mishu

I have the speed limiter on my 2002 Laguna and also on my 2015 Megane both cars work fine. It is set the same way as the cruise control.

Does your cruise control work?

I would just take it back to your local Renault dealer and ask them to fix it as the car is obviously under warranty.

Hello Mishud, The overspeed alert and signage recognition (well, speed signs, don't know about other signs) work fine on my Koleos.
Apart from the tone it makes when you exceed the speed by 5kmh, the voice even tells me to reduce my speed when I'm nearing a red-light camera.
While the overspeed works fine, I'm not sure if the signage recognition works off the maps or whether the Koli actually recognises the signs. Personally, I think they work off the maps but I'm happy to be corrected.
The overspeed alert and the speed signs display on the infotainment panel.
I run my car with the maps on all the time, maybe if you don't have the maps on, the speed alert won't work.

The speed limiter might work too but I've never used it.

But your car is under warranty so leave it to Renault to fix if there's a problem.
Some manufacturers did delete some features during Covid because of the computer chip shortage.
Maybe the speed alert was one of the things that was dropped.

Cheers
RTT

Reactions: COL
I have the speed limiter on my 2002 Laguna and also on my 2015 Megane both cars work fine. It is set the same way as the cruise control.

Does your cruise control work?

I would just take it back to your local Renault dealer and ask them to fix it as the car is obviously under warranty.
Thank you so much. Cruise control works, navigation works but the speed signs alert not - recently someone told me this feature is not active in Australia which I think is not true. And from what you say it is active. Many thanks. I'll try getting in touch with someone at Renault AUS not at my GC dealer. Many thanks. M

Hello Mishud, The overspeed alert and signage recognition (well, speed signs, don't know about other signs) work fine on my Koleos.
Apart from the tone it makes when you exceed the speed by 5kmh, the voice even tells me to reduce my speed when I'm nearing a red-light camera.
While the overspeed works fine, I'm not sure if the signage recognition works off the maps or whether the Koli actually recognises the signs. Personally, I think they work off the maps but I'm happy to be corrected.
The overspeed alert and the speed signs display on the infotainment panel.
I run my car with the maps on all the time, maybe if you don't have the maps on, the speed alert won't work.

The speed limiter might work too but I've never used it.

But your car is under warranty so leave it to Renault to fix if there's a problem.
Some manufacturers did delete some features during Covid because of the computer chip shortage.
Maybe the speed alert was one of the things that was dropped.

Cheers
RTT
Thank you, this is greatly appreciated. I'll certainly follow up with the Renault head office (if I'll be able to find their email address) as the Service is clearly taking me for a ride... and I'm not happy with that.

This is what the Service and the dealer told me, probably with the hope I won't bother them anymore.
"...unfortunately that feature is designed by the vehicles in Europe and does not work satisfactorily in Australia, hence it has been removed from the vehicles sold here."

Cheers,
Mihai

Thank you, this is greatly appreciated. I'll certainly follow up with the Renault head office (if I'll be able to find their email address) as the Service is clearly taking me for a ride... and I'm not happy with that.

This is what the Service and the dealer told me, probably with the hope I won't bother them anymore.
"...unfortunately that feature is designed by the vehicles in Europe and does not work satisfactorily in Australia, hence it has been removed from the vehicles sold here."

Cheers,
Mihai

Contacting Renault Australia will put you in contact with Ateco.

Cheers,
Mihai
Have you updated your vehicle through R-Link?

This is what I found in a 2017 Handbook at 1.60

Overspeed watrning 2023-02-09 165655.png

In proposing the above, it does not appear to be connected to the camera system fitted on Australian vehicles and it is stand alone. Chapter 2.57 and 2.58 deal with the operation of the speed recognition system and apparent alteration to the speed limits. Is it possible someone has altered your speed limits to be impossibly high?

The overspeed buzzer mentioned above seem a bit high.
There aren't many places where I'd be driving in excess of 72MPH.
I do get a buzzer sound when I'm more than 5kph over the posted speed limit, not just over 120kmh.
This changes when I move from one speed zone to another.

In proposing the above, it does not appear to be connected to the camera system fitted on Australian vehicles and it is stand alone. Chapter 2.57 and 2.58 deal with the operation of the speed recognition system and apparent alteration to the speed limits. Is it possible someone has altered your speed limits to be impossibly high?
It has been like that since I got it - brand new, 60km on board. Do you suggest me trying to play with some settings?

There is nothing stopping you "playing" with settings that are deliberately and specifically adjustable from the factory. If by doing that you solve the problem you will have made your dealership look like a goose. If your adjustments don't fix the problem you are no worse off! :)