Renault Clio Sport 2002 For $23,500

RXE 2.0

Fellow Frogger
What a Bargain eek! eek! eek!
<a href="http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/usedcars/otherMake_Renault/results_TRUE/model_CLIO/ID_1403531/vehicle.html" target="_blank">http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/usedcars/otherMake_Renault/results_TRUE/model_CLIO/ID_1403531/vehicle.html</a>

Moderators: please move this to the Renault or Cars for sale forum.

RXE2.0 - please try to post information in the relevant forums, that's what they're there for.

Derek :cool:

It's pretty damn cheap hey!

A number of mates have sent me the details, which shows that a fair few people are browsing the classifieds for used Cliosports.

Dunno why it hasn't sold yet though.

This could be a bad the resale values of Renaults are not so good, its probably a mistake maybe $33,500 an over priced one but again I can be wrong. renault_

Sounds like it has travelled a lot of k's over a relatively short time, depending on when in 2002 it was delivered. Could be they are trying to get more than the trade in figure which I have heard can be as low as $18K.

OK, i'm scared. I'll most likely be selling my RCS, within the next year or so....so it's not looking too good is it!?

But - maybe these people are really just trying to get rid of their cars QUICK, for whatever reasons?

I dunno, all i know is i'm surely not willing to let my 2001 clio go for that cheap. Sh*t no.

Can somebody catch me, if i faint?

dead

Too late!

Did you faint or still have too much grog in your system after the weekend Dave roll_lau :p

So did anyone ring up and find out what the deal was?

Benny

Yep!
The guy needs more a family car. From memory it has done 31k klms and has had some warranty work done on the suspension due to breakages. Thats about it apparently otherwise a good car at the price. [There are 2 for sale in Bris. here at around $27ooo ]
I was interested in buying one at first but was treated like a leper by Renault sales people time and time again. Also my daughter gets her car serviced there [Nissan ]and the servicing is very bad so it has put me right off Renault for good.
Maybe other people are waking up to this too thus
Renault sales are starting to go SOUTH big time.
Just my thoughts tho, JR

I hear that!

Renault sales ethic is definately poor. I haven't had one satisfactory experience yet.

BTW - theres a dealer demo Cliosport being advertised in The Age for $29990. Thats pretty bloody good.

They've gone south all this year.

I don't think they're about to go south big time - they already have. With the new Megane II now here, expect it to lift - that segment should be the volume segment for Renault, Peugeot has been putting well over 400 307s a month on the road recently. It must lift, otherwise I suspect there'll be a few sour faces down in Dandenong.

Just to compare, in September 307 sales were more than double Renault's sales of its entire model range!

Latest September figures

<a href="http://www.fcai.com.au/vsales_sep2003_3.php" target="_blank">http://www.fcai.com.au/vsales_sep2003_3.php</a>

Renault will struggle to hit the 5000, as they forecast to do last and this year. At least they have sold more Renaults than Saabs, but both seem to be heading in the same direction :)

The trend is the same for many of the car makes, ie SAAB, Volvo etc. There shouldn't be anything to worry about. Remember in the old days (late '80's and '90's), for Renault to sell 300 or 400 cars in a year was good!!

Also, after the initial boom, when there were lots of adds on TV etc, all advertising has dried up, except for the odd add in the local papers.

You will notice Volvo has started advertising again with a new catch phrase "bloody Volvo driver"

The past few months sales for Renault has been in the high 200's.

It is true, the sales people at the Renault dealers aren't very helpful, or excited. Why aren't they told to bend over backwards for the client. Don't start me on the Customer Service front.

I wonder if Renault Aus are looking for someone to head their sales/service team???

That's my 2c worth

Pug307:
Just to compare, in September 307 sales were more than double Renault's sales of its entire model range!
I'm still waiting for someone to extract the 307 sales figures from the Peugeot total and compare it to the Renault figure.

After all, that's only fair - nothing to compete with the Peugeot 307 yet...

Laguna vs. 406? Anyone?... Anyone?...

Here you go.

September 2003 sales.

Peugeot: 753
of which 307: 446

Renault: 201 (incl. 2 Scenic RX4s)
Citroen: 200 (incl. 11 Berlingos)

The trend isn't really the same. The entire market is growing, the prestige segment is growing, the luxury segment is growing.

In regards to Volvo, they're just suffering the cumulative effects of hopeless marketing in Australia over the past few years and insufficient XC90 supply. Before someone makes a wise crack, just remember for donkeys years Volvo had been Australia's top selling European marque. They're doing pretty well else where too, up 22.5% on last year in the US.

Well, good to see the figures, and to see how much the 307 contributes to total Peugeot sales.

Renault sales may be lower, but considering the awful reputation they have had WRT importers over the last 20 years or so, it's not too bad.

Megane II sales will be interesting.

I'm told there is one currently on display at Main North Renault - but it's a prior ADR certified car, so no test driving (but you can sit in it etc.)

Good that consumers have a choice - go for the conservative Peugeots or the Renault innovation ;)

Hi Guys,

Really it should be clio & 206 head to head as the other ones are either at the end of there run or at the start or there is no direct compeditor. I'd say clio as they seem to do more deals with them that peugeot. But still the 206 is a nicer looking car... only my :2cents:

Nick