Renault Cabrio

DanielRT

Tadpole
G'day guys,

I'm new to this forum and just thought I'd say thanks for the warm welcome!

My love for Renaults started about 4 years ago when my family purchased a 4x4 scenic (I was 14 at the time). We love this car and would never go back to any other vehicle. At the start of this year I looked around to buy my first car and knew it had to be a Renault and luckily came across a great buy, a Renault 19 1995 RT with 100 000 clicks. My best friend has an '87 Fuego and we both agree Renaults are the best automobiles ever. So far it has turned out to be a fantastic little car however, I have had my eye on the Renault 19 Cabriolet. The only problem is...I can't seem to find any sign of them in Australia.

Does anyone know if the Cabriolet was ever introduced to Australia and if so where would I be able to purchase one from?

Thanks Again - Daniel.

Nope the 19 Cabrio was never officially sold in AUS. There was one bought in for evaluation and as a motor show tease, but that is likely to have since left the country for NZ where most of the late model evaluation cars from AUS seem to end up.

If you are really keen I suppose you could approach say an importer to see if they could bring one in from Japan where they were sold as both LHD or RHD. Then you just have the costs of import, duty and compliance. Probably best to keep saving for a new Megane CC!

Ohh thats a shame they look like a nice ride...anyhow...thanks for your help Simon, its muchly appreciated.

Daniel

...How much would it be...ball point figure...to...say...import one???
Wouldn't it be fabulous to have the only car of that type in the country.

Daniel