Renault & Big Brother?

danielsydney

Good Sport
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I dont want to start more controversy. What do others think of the eviction & finale of Big Brother? I think instead of giving the runner-up a Holden Cruze, Renault should have given away a base model Clio to Marty. Leon Daphne talks about creating brand awareness. There was 2-3 million people watching channel 10 last night and that would have fantastic publicity for the Renault group. Why cant people see these oportunities in front of them..It would have been fantastic to see someone win a free clio or scenic. mallet

Renault have sponsored the Collingwood football club for 2 years - that's pretty good!

I agree Luke that is fantastic. When you watch the tennis though Peugeot and citroen are everywhere. Renault is nowhere to be seen however. If they want to be popular in Australia they have to prove that they are very competitive with all these other cars. Id suggest something like smothering primetime advertising. Balanket aproach. I know it all costs cash but they need to get out there more..to stay alive...There sales are good but they could be better.If only I worked for them... :D :D . I could give so much.. dance

Daniel,

I didn't watch one episode of Big Brother so I wouldn't have seen it, I'm probably the wrong demographic or more likely I have better things to do than be a voyeur!!

Anyway Holden more likely than not probably paid to give away the Cruze, a new model that has been the subject of rather poor reviews in the press.

Just wondering if you subscribed to Motor Magazine in an attempt to win the RS Clio that they are giving away in their competition? There seems to be a few competitions around at the moment where you can win a Clio "TL" too.

There are also things like supply that govern the numbers of cars that are sold, oversaturate advertising and an inability to supply cars can loose customers who rather than want to wait choose a competitor, as well as the distributor incurring the extra advertising costs. Given that Clio and Scenic advertising seems to have reduced of late I would guess that Renault are quite comfortable with their present rate of sales. The only one that seems to be a slow seller is the Laguna, coincidently that seems to be the one most advertised on TV at present.

You may have noticed that when Renault first launched last year there basically was saturate advertising, sponsoring the news etc. Obviously they move on a phase and just need to maintain a steady rate of sales comensurate with the numbers of supply.

danielsydney:
I know it all costs cash but they need to get out there more..to stay alive...There sales are good but they could be better.If only I worked for them... :D :D . I could give so much.. dance
Just wondering Daniel, what is your current line of work? Your talents could be wasted, it may be worthwhile sending your resume off to Renault detailing your success in establishing brand reputations!

Simon

It seems every magazine with some demographic under 30 has got some Renault Clio giveaway.

Cheers,

Justin

The ball is in your court! Go for it, just import a few old Clio Cup cars from the UK.

It would be Renault history repeating, from being the originator of single model production car racing in Australia with the Renault 12 Newstar series of the mid 1970's.

All the Clio Cup needs is your flair for promotion!

Simon