Renault Alpine A310 LHD for sale in Victoria

Covert

Fellow Frogger
Maybe of some interest to fellow Renault People out there, I recently saw Simon from SA and we decided to check out the new Renault dealer in Ringwood and Alpine Affaire, being a hub for all things Alpine we thought we may go by and see what was going on.

Anyhow Colin at Alpine Affaire has a Alpine A310 V6 for sale..........................
It looks in quite good condition, it's LHD and needs to be converted, he has the parts also for that process.

You would have to contact him for the specs and price?.......

Alpine Affaire
4 Thanet Court Ringwood 3134 Vic Australia
03 9879 1961

If you can't get a A110, then maybe a A310 is a good alternative?? dance

Well it's all how you look at it, I was talking from the point of view of cost, shipping and getting a Alpine as in the car.........

So if you can't get an alpine, you might get something similar like a Europa!!!!! In this case it's another alpine, a rare car that happens to be on sale, not a very common thing here in Australia, and at least you don't have to ship it here from europe.

And the A310 was far more rigid in it's body construction than the A110, so the wieght is going to be different, there were four cylinder ones as well. Simon would be able to pull up some differences between the 4 and 6 cylinder performance figs I reckon.

And it's up to if you can get an A110, A310 GTA or 610 anyway on cost, style performance.......... I think there are now quite a few of those cars here in australia anyway, all private imports dance

Think I've seen this one on the market for a while now.

White one. wanting $37k
Would be unique car to own thats for sure, but think I'd rather spend that sort of money on a RS Clio.

Reno17:
Think I've seen this one on the market for a while now.

White one. wanting $37k
Would be unique car to own thats for sure, but think I'd rather spend that sort of money on a RS Clio.
No, this was a red one with five speed and the later 5 Turbo type suspension with four stud wheels. Just over 100,000k's.

The white one at the Healey Factory has been converted to RHD.

Come on Europa....no prizes for seconds. Simon coined that one. Try fiberglass death trap....that should set some hackles on end.

cheers!

Well Europa, you may have an issue with the alpine??? hey.... hey...... :)

I don't know either, they seem to be fairly similar, ah maybe it's an england vs french thing....... hmmmmm

ummm my point was, why would an owner of a "fibreglass death trap" insinuate that a vehicle constructed using the same technique was the same?

Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black!

Come on guys dont get all bent and twisted.
Europas and 110 both have similar construction qualities just remember that Helets are Fibre glass. not steal and there is a very good reason that glass has agreater yield strength whcih absorbes the impact and disipates it. reparing galss is no big deal and the damage is more localised.

AU-YT:
that glass has agreater yield strength whcih absorbes the impact and disipates it. .
Yield strength is not the important factor in energy absorbtion. Elasticity and ductility is (and steel has heaps of those qualities). The stress/strain curve for steel has a nice long curve at the top which means alot of energy has been absorbed. Glass fibres have a short straight stress/strain curve and then bang. Sure the yield strength of glass fibres is greater, but the area under the curve (energy) is smaller.

That's not to say I'm against fibreglass cars. It's just that my mechanical engineering course has given me a new appreciation for the qualities of steel (particularly alloys like chrome moly steel - what a fantastic material).

Dave