Renault 25 - Are they estinct?

120L

Fellow Frogger
Hi

I've been looking for a 1980s French car and I've noticed that the Renault 25 doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

Are they all gone?

Regards

Alan

I know of one or two. Are you looking to buy one? No idea if they are for sale but i could ask.

JoBo Thanks but I think I'll concentrate my search on the BX. The 25 seems to be too rare. I just found it rather strange as the 25 sold better than the BX or at least I seem to remember seeing more of them around. Regards Alan

R25 is a great car , great to drive.
Aside from dashboard and auto not much goes wrong.

Berridale

That's what I've heard. Auto doesn't both me because I'm looking for a manual car anyway.

A working dashboard helps though.

Put it this way, because my friend wants to buy the same car as me if we can find two good 25's for sale we'll consider them.

Regards

Alan

I actually saw one on the road in Brisbane last week. First time I’ve seen one in about 10 years at least I reckon. Don’t even see Fuegos anymore, they don’t even seem to turn up to the French car day (maybe one).

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

I actually saw one on the road in Brisbane last week. First time I’ve seen one in about 10 years at least I reckon. Don’t even see Fuegos anymore, they don’t even seem to turn up to the French car day (maybe one).

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

I think you may be right, I can only find one in the photos I took, not that I photographed everything, perhaps the majority, but there were three 17's.

DSC_0305.jpg

Denis at French Car Care in Brisbane still drives one, and had maybe 7 stashed away. Quite a few were manuals. Be worth a call if you were really interested.

R25 is a great car , great to drive.
Aside from dashboard and auto not much goes wrong.

So apart from having no fuel gauge or other gauges, a car that continually shouts false warning messages at you, having no ventilation control…or hifi control nothing much goes wrong….. except if its an automatic gearbox in which case, it is a case of when, not if……

Phew…I thought for a moment they were unreliable!!

Jo

I had a manual 25 GTX for many years. Nothing a good soldering iron can't fix for the dashboard.
Lucky I had steel wheels as the soft alloy wheels went oval in no time. Factor this in as well. To change the ancillary drive belt you had to remove the cam belt first....great idea

DSC_0375.jpg
DSC_0369.jpg
DSC_0374.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0369.jpg
    DSC_0369.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0374.jpg
    DSC_0374.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_0374.jpg
    DSC_0374.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I sold my gold R25 GTX (With working dashboard and about 10 boxes of electronic and minor body parts) to a fellow in Mosman about 5 years ago. Great cars, heaps of power and the best gear shift (manual 5 speed) i've ever owned.

I sold my gold R25 GTX (With working dashboard and about 10 boxes of electronic and minor body parts) to a fellow in Mosman about 5 years ago. Great cars, heaps of power and the best gear shift (manual 5 speed) i've ever owned.

That’s probably the one i got before passing it on to don up in the hunter valley.

I've got a Renault 15TS. I'm teaching my son to drive on it. Photos are at work.

That's why I want a 25, its so hot that its make life difficult without A/C.

Regards

Alan

I have two manual 25s a silver car and a gold car 89 and 87 respectively.
Both unregistered the silver car requires a blue slip as i let the reg expire and it is in a garage in Singleton.
The gold car is also unreg and at the vineyard where I work in the hunter valley with the gearbox and clutch out and in the middle of replacement. I also have a pallet of parts that I picked up from sydney a while back.

Id would entertain the notion of sale as a job lot if anyone is interested. Not looking for rediculous money but would like to see them go to a good home
IMG_4035 (2).jpg

Renault Car Club Victoria concourse winner 2017 was a R25 , ours , Went on a tour of SA in said automobile , partly with the car club then later on our own . What a trip , with great fuel consumption , superb ride and sweet handling . Detractors may be many and converts few . your loss .