Renault 20 rear springs

Tom

Fellow Frogger
My 20 is suffering from the common problem of a very saggy rear end. I could get some heavy duty springs made up but was wondering if anyone out there had a set of standard or h-duty srings they would be willing to part with. If not, can anyone recommend anywhere to get some made? Industrial Springs in Adelaide is a possibilty.

Cheers

I put a set of Range Rover rears (I think) into my R20. It gave it about a 100 mm uplift from the sagged dimension. It ended up having about 50mm clearance from the top of the tyres to the bottom of the wheel arch. I fitted them in about 15 minutes each side, real easy. I'll check up with the guy I got the springs off to see if he remembers whether they were front or rears. He moved from the area so it might take a while.

Tom,
Some guys had the same type of problems with R12's a few years ago. The cheapest solution was to put 12 auto front springs (cut down) in the rear. I am not sure how many coils were cut off, somebody else here may know!!

Cheers, Chris

Tom,
Didn't complete my post.
I will add thta you could try to use front springs from a R20 auto, if there are some at a wreckers as they would probably be similar to the set-up on the R12, where the auto front springs were heavier even than the manual front ones so would be ideal for the rear.??

Cheers Chris,

p.s...have had 3 R20TS manuals, all beung 1982 and haven't had a saggy :ass: yet. you must have got a dud...

Thanks for your help guys. Do you think the handling could be upset significantly if the springs aren't exactly right?