Renault 17 barn find

PDIDDY928s

Tadpole
Tadpole
Good evening, after owning a few Renaults in my family growing up I have decided to find a yellow 17 just like the one we had in the mid 80's. I was lucky to find one in a barn 100k west of Bendigo and after some travelling from Canberra twice I might ad(Geelong for parts) I returned home with a yellow 17. Car is in need of total restoration but being a spraypainter by trade I'm happy to take on the challenge. The previous owner says it was driven into the barn. Let's hope he was telling the truth! A few items are missing including a few main bits to mount the alternator and brackets & bolts, belt, pulley, rotor button and wires and battery leads everywhere. I've found a few nice gentleman in Sydney & Wollongong that have been of great assistance especially the guy from Sydney as he had the mounting bits for the alternator, one hubcap, 2 wheel nuts and steering wheel centre with badge, I was hoping does anyone have a wiring diagram for where the leads off the starter motor go? And which wires go where on the back of the alternator etc.... I've tried searching but never really seem to find what I'm looking for. I also need a rotor button and dizzy cap, can I buy locally at all?? It's a 73 TL so apparently has the French dizzy not the Bosch and the original alternator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have 4 doors,
And 2 complete tailgates if anyone is looking for 15/17 parts?
I would like to buy a rust free Left hand front guard if anyone has one??

Plus I have a complete spare dash including dials etc...

Cheers,
Peter Daley
peterdaley1@bigpond.com

Quote Reply
Reactions:jaahn

[IMG alt="jaahn"]https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/data/avatars/m/7/7528.jpg?1591358519[/IMG]

jaahn

Well-known member​

1000+ Posts

Fellow Frogger
Peter great find. But remember if no pictures it does not exist :rolleyes: ;)
Note that you do need to reduce the size of the pictures to be accepted on forums. Ask if you need help.
You might also want to get a post into the Renault specific part of the forum to get the best coverage. There are some threads on R17 there. Also a Parts wanted /sale section.
cheers jaahn

Last edited: Today at 8:37 PM
Like Quote Reply

PDIDDY928s

New member​

Tadpole
Peter great find. But remember if no pictures it does not exist :rolleyes: ;)
Note that you do need to reduce the size of the pictures to be accepted on forums. Ask if you need help.
You might also want to get a post into the Renault specific part of the forum to get the best coverage. There are some threads on R17 there. Also a Parts wanted /sale section.
cheers jaahn
Hey Jaahn, thank you. First time on here, no idea how to make pics smaller and how to navigate to the Renault section 🙏😂

Quote Reply

Peter i see you have been exploring Aussie Frogs.
Just a few suggestions. It is not a good idea to put your phone number or your email address on the general forum pages. There are bad people out there who may copy these and use them against you. I suggest you remove them. When you have a few more posts people can contact you through the forum with a private message. But you do need to post a few times to qualify for this. That is to deter the bad people just coming in quickly all the time.
If you wish to remove the phone numbers and the email address you can go to the bottom of your post and click on Report. This will enable you to write a message to a moderator, and ask to remove them. Easy !
Jaahn

Reactions: COL
As I said above click on the word down the bottom of your post Report. This will bring up a small writing page where you can ask to have a staff member(moderator) do something for you. Just ask them to delete the unwanted numbers and emails is my suggestion.
Do not be concerned about doing this it is just the process used here.
jaahn

Re mudguard. You could try Paul Groom at Auto Paris Box hill. He has some 17tl bodies/parts he may chose to release. not positive on condition.