Renault 16TS rally car

Hardest thing with aussiefrogs and pictures is dealing with the size restriction.
I use a free image size reducer (just have to put up with ads but I’m a cheapskate so can live with that.

100kb is a good size. You find attaching pics is not that hard if you reduce them first.

Thanks renault8&10 but it all sounds a bit hard as an 80 year old ludite the snail mail is my usual method and if anyone wants copies email me direct
Hi James I'm a bit younger than you, but am also a "need to know basis" kind of guy when it comes to computer tech.
I just send photos to myself via text and hit save. The phone will automatically reduce the file size for you.
Then I just post on here off my phone and attach any photos required out of saved items.

Posted on behalf of James

16ts forest.jpg
16ts water splash.jpg
1970 16ts.jpg
img20211215_16522118 (4).jpg
img20211215_16522118 (5).jpg
img20211215_16522118 3.jpg
Near Hyden.jpg

Great photos. Horns are in a peculiar spot, normally in front of the RHS wheel in the wheel well. Exhaust pipes are same as in Bob Watson’s car or maybe that was his car Which won many rally championships.
I notice John Large was the navigator, the same man who was involved with running Targa Tasmania for some time

Thanks for posting the photos. The navigator, John Large was a good friend who held a very important role in the FIA. A very clever man, loved a good red wine and unending enthusiasm for motorsport, particularly rallying. He was third in the chain of command behind Bernie Ecclestone then Max Mosley. He was about to replace Max when he unfortunately passed away.

It was Bob Watsons Car the Exhaust system was a work of art and it had a 12volt Jabsco industrial pump for windscreen and light washers a bit of a wild cam hard to get going under 2000rpm

Rod Slater posted on here for many years under the handle "Rocket Rod". Sadly I can't find any sign of his username, so don't know what has happened to his posts...