Renault 16TS - 1969 Barossa Red

Ray, me, please, you see there was this bloke in Melb who was competing with me for the local Floride market and in the end in they pretty much all end up as scrap metal. Luckily though, cause now the R16's are back on the project floor.

Yeah I meet that guy too. Nice bloke, I think his name was Midas. However whenever he touched a Floride, instead of turning it into gold, it would turn in to a pile of rust and break his heart. Poor fellow.

Update: I've been doing this car very piecemeal over the last 6 weeks or so, having to fit whatever I can in while looking after two kids running around! So an odd mix of painting, the moving to electrical, then onto interior, then back to painting etc. etc. Engine is up and running, electrical's sorted after finding a previous short/meltdown in the loom from the rheostat (do these things always eventually cause fires on R16's??) and burning out a distributor. But all good now. A lot had to be sorted on the car (as it was being used as a parts car) - so lot's of little things to trace and sort. Next is brakes.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 418
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 429
That's lovely. And you do need to fit "life + family" into it too! Great work and thanks for sharing it. I always get weak knees with a few photos like that....

What a nice car! Plain old, nice. I never had a 16 or a DS, and frankly I would be torn to have to choose. BUt that is so nice. Simple, elegant and nice. And a good car to boot.

That colour is the colour of the seventies in my memory. Many of these when I grew up, and then when the 12 was introduced, this was a very popular colour for the first generation of cars.

Hi Sarosa,
Re-joined member here looking for all things Renault 16. Great to see your restoration-though from some years ago and old news to you. Have had a few R16s over the years. Fyi a pic attached of the first, a family car bought late 60s with same colour and interior as yours.

Attachments

• Renault 16.jpg
    Renault 16.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 175