Renault 16 tyres obtained

JohnW

Too many posts!
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
To Renault 16 folk.

I've just taken delivery in Perth of new Nankang 155-14 tyres for my 16TS.

They are just excellent, $89 each, and have dramatically lightened the steering,
compared with the correct size but only partly worn Michelin MX tyres. They look quite reasonable too, much a period tyre.

A friend has fitted them to his R12 - in the appropriate size of
course - with identical results.

Strongly recommended from first impressions. And much relief.....

JohnW

Nick I said:
Hi,

who imports/sells them ? esp in the east.

cheers .....Nick

Hi Nick,

In Melbourne, Stage Wholesale Tyres at 03 9798 5917 or Avon Tyre Service at 459 Canterbury Rd, Surrey Hills on (03) 9836 2355.

Information originally came from John Elliott if I remember correctly.

Cheers

JohnW

Bob Jane's sell Nankang and they are imported by State Tyre Sales ADDRESS
Unit 1 & 2, 2 Kaleski St
Moorebank
NSW, 2170
Australia

Ph: (02) 9822 2500

I run Nankang EX500 in a 205/50/16 Size on the family hack and they have been great for the money.

I know they also make a size that fits a Citroen GS in a 165/78/15 which seems excelent value and I think it's the same tread patern as the Renault 16 Size.

There are many tyre ourists who think they are c*ap but then again you wont be doing 12 second qurter miles in a R16 / R12 or Cit GS!

Cheers...

Jack Z said:
Bob Jane's sell Nankang and they are imported by State Tyre Sales ADDRESS
Unit 1 & 2, 2 Kaleski St
Moorebank
NSW, 2170
Australia

Ph: (02) 9822 2500

I run Nankang EX500 in a 205/50/16 Size on the family hack and they have been great for the money.

I know they also make a size that fits a Citroen GS in a 165/78/15 which seems excelent value and I think it's the same tread patern as the Renault 16 Size.

There are many tyre ourists who think they are c*ap but then again you wont be doing 12 second qurter miles in a R16 / R12 or Cit GS!

Cheers...

I'd agree with that! These aren't bad tyres. Maybe if you are driving on the limit, or competitively, better are around for a price for modern sizes no doubt. For sizes no longer available in Michelin (or much else!) they seem b***y good to me. Much lighter in steering, good ride, turn in is good - what more do you want with an older classic?

Cheers

JohnW

pardon my ignorance, but did the 16's come out std with 14" tyres or 15's like the earlier models?

BTW - I am in the process of ordering some Michelin ZX 135SR15's for my R8.

I stumbled across a michelin site which has a spreadsheet downloadable from Michelin France which has availability and details on what sizes and varieties they still carry for vintage and veteran cars.

Kevin.

renault8&10 said:
pardon my ignorance, but did the 16's come out std with 14" tyres or 15's like the earlier models?

BTW - I am in the process of ordering some Michelin ZX 135SR15's for my R8.

I stumbled across a michelin site which has a spreadsheet downloadable from Michelin France which has availability and details on what sizes and varieties they still carry for vintage and veteran cars.

Kevin.

No need for a pardon! They had 14" wheels from start to finish.

I'd appreciate that website address - and how you ordered the the ZX tyres for the R8. I'd quite like to put mine on Xs and be properly original.

JohnW