Ren_sport Car Club

renaulturbo:
My opinion is that next time we should exclude venues from the West and Northern suburbs.
Yeah, that's a good way to run a show.....That could explain why I was told the attendances at both cruises were a bit sad.

I would have loved to have attended, but both were started around the Healsville area...Just a leisurley 1 1/2 hour drive for me just to get there. I think it is important to try and arrange central locations with good freeway access. And in my opinion that means North.(and no, I dont live in the northern suburbs)

P.S: I hope you don't consider lovely Dandenong an Eastern Suburb.........would you like 1 hit or maybe 2.....thwee for one hundred dolla..

Europa:
Believe me, it wasn't the sort of event where people embarrassed themselves WRT over-consumption of alcohol.

I would imagine most people would have had a glass of wine or a beer over a Sunday lunch in the country before driving home.

I find the suggestion that this would endanger lives or teach children bad habits quite
preposterous.
I made no specific mention of any particular event, however according to advertising by Vic Roads. 1 drink (Wine or Beer), will put a woman at the legal limit & 1 drink each hour will keep her there. Similar for a male 2 drinks (Wine Spirit or beer), puts them at limit & 1 per hour keeps him there.
Therefore i stand as is with my original statement Re. Car clubs holding events involving alcohol outlets & tastings.
It is irresponsible and does not promote road safety.
Very few people i know bother to spit after tasting and regardless of that some of the alcohol is absorbed through the Tongue, roof of mouth etc.

<small>[ 04 April 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</small>

mistareno:
renaulturbo:
My opinion is that next time we should exclude venues from the West and Northern suburbs.
Yeah, that's a good way to run a show.....That could explain why I was told the attendances at both cruises were a bit sad.

I would have loved to have attended, but both were started around the Healsville area...Just a leisurley 1 1/2 hour drive for me just to get there. I think it is important to try and arrange central locations with good freeway access. And in my opinion that means North.(and no, I dont live in the northern suburbs)

P.S: I hope you don't consider lovely Dandenong an Eastern Suburb.........would you like 1 hit or maybe 2.....thwee for one hundred dolla..
LOL i knew someone would bring up 'Dandy'. The fact that Dandenong is a hole goes without being said. Deakin campus in Burwood like in 2001 was good...good scenario.

I remember the first time i got asked "Are you chasing?" by a dealer in Footscray on my way to Uni...i thought he was asking if i was 'Jason' :D to which i answered 'no im not jason'. My mate alerted me to the meaning of his enquiry with a chuckle... :D

From renaulturbo
LOL i knew someone would bring up 'Dandy'. The fact that Dandenong is a hole goes without being said. Deakin campus in Burwood like in 2001 was good...good scenario.

That said, the British & European car show held by the AOMC at Dandenong Showgrounds last Sunday was a great day well attended with i'd say between 6 and 8 hundred entries and thousands of spectators throughout the day
2_cents 2_cents 2_cents 2_cents 2_cents
PS. Might i remind you Dandenong was chosen by Renault Aust. For their HQ

<small>[ 04 April 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</small>

Appears some interest has been created here in Aussieland as was the case in Malayasia with our Hot Clios. We have 2 overseas members migrating here and bringing their V6 Clios her soon. You will have to join us at Calder for our run.
Be cool guys, no stress we only promote Ren_Sports here and overseas. My friends are into hot spare parts and body kits and can help you all here in Aus.

All the best
A Leong
Keep up the great discussion on this forum

Well good to see you back in action

Was beginning to think you'd vanished.

Would be awesome to see a V6 Clio real life.

Would be just as good to see a couple goin hard at it, round a racetrack.

Bring it on

Damien Gardner
PS. Might i remind you Dandenong was chosen by Renault Aust. For their HQ[/QB]
Yeah true but were talking about a pleasant setting for a car show not an ideal place for a HQ. Company HQ's are normally in industrial areas such as Dandenong.

Yeah as long as people in that European car show werent asked if they wanted to score, Dandenong show grounds is pretty fine

It seems that MR A Long has missed the whole point of the above discussion. We I guess he was right it did promote a discussion.
But he did fail to answer the basic questions asked of him.

oh well we just can hope to have everything.

:)

------------------------
Appears some interest has been created here in Aussieland as was the case in Malayasia with our Hot Clios. We have 2 overseas members migrating here and bringing their V6 Clios her soon. You will have to join us at Calder for our run.
Be cool guys, no stress we only promote Ren_Sports here and overseas. My friends are into hot spare parts and body kits and can help you all here in Aus.
All the best
A Leong
Keep up the great discussion on this forum
------------------------

My god, once again everyone is very heated...... I know where A Leong is coming from, and it is not any car club structure, it's the group of enthusiasts who like a certain type of car, they want to drive them fast, have fun and just enjoy the cars. Like the owners clubs that show their cars within the Auto Salon who maybe connected to a tuning business and race part store even.

They are smart as they want to "also offer spare parts and body kits and can help you all here in Aus", it would seem to me Auto Paris has more to fear from this new and interesting Renault Sport Owners Club than the RCCV has. the RCCV may even jump on the band wagon with this owners club and invite them to some interClub Sprint Meetings etc like Phillip Island, Rob Roy events. Did you get the guy's e-mail address dave.........

So who cares if a old 12G, 750, R16, Laguna, Scenic does not cut it in their club, they offer an alternative, which may interest different people. Like the 2 door Alpine owners connected to Alpine Affaire and Rennosport and more modern Renault Sport owners.

And I reckon if they offer days at a track and my old and outdated R15 can enter, well cool........... some old two door coupes 15/17/fuego turbo etc to some new 2 door coupes ClioRS's and V6's, Spiders etc, and I reckon 160kph is interesting..... on the track and on the road as well..........

You can't tell me everyone in the goodie two shoes forum has not had there Reno over 100kph, let alone 160kph

Now for my totally baseless comment
"Boredom Kills - Speed Thrills"

later

Time for my two bobs worth. I left the RCCV back in the eighties because they were an Eastern suburbs car club. You may well dislike Sunshine and St Albans but the fact remains this is the renault car club of VICTORIA. Whilst I agree that the majority of members live in the east it is important to cater for people of the West and North as well. I did not go to the All French car day as I only just rejoined the Renault throng but I would hardly call Essendon anything but central. If it wasn't for Dave I wouldn't even be in the RCCV so whatever he and his committee decides is fine by me. I don't envy his position of pleasing everyone...Viva la presidente!!!