Removing tree sap from PV panels

The electric companies have everyone over a barrel, whether those with solar panels, or those without.

I'd try a water-based graffiti removal spray: I use "Mostenbocker's LIFT OFF" - Paint scuff and graffiti remover. It is distributed by RITTCO DISTRIBUTING, PO Box 23, Concorde NSW. Can't recall where I bought it but it is really good. I've used it for various things, including removal of the nasty sticky degraded plastic surfaces that develop in some French cars... It is a seriously good product and far better than citrus or eucalyptus oil (not that they don't work).

THe other annoying quirk/ripoff in the system is that when you install solar and start selling to the grid at the miserly rate they give you the power company increases the rate they charge you for whatever you buy from them, this to a suitably stupendous rate

WHen I challenged them was told that „the Govt sez we have to“ which sounded like a barefaced lie

ANdrew
AND it depends when you did it. I have a friend down the road who has been getting over 40c per Kwh, whereas we get 7c per Kwh. The win only comes if you use the panels to save purchasing power during daylight hours. More than slightly frustrating.

651ml for about $30 - how much area does it clean? The 5l 80% ethanol hand sanitiser gel was $36 or 38 and 2/3 or a bit more of it was good for 3kw of panels not cleaned for 10 years and next to neighbour's dirty native trees. Also liked it because our runoff goes into a tank so i didn't have to stuff about worrying about contamination of the tank water (not used for drinking)
Just wondering for my next panel cleaning job.

If you put a cover on the solar panels, like you do for your car, tree sap won't be a problem at all.
I'll have to go into business selling these. There are 1000s now. Maybe the Car Bra people can help me out

If you put a cover on the solar panels, like you do for your car, tree sap won't be a problem at all.
I'll have to go into business selling these. There are 1000s now. Maybe the Car Bra people can help me out
:unsure:have you been over-refreshing yourself ;)