Removing Mi16 oil pressure sensor

BodenM

Tadpole
Hi all,

Just reassembling my Mi16 engine at the moment to go back into the car, and I want to bin the unused factory oil pressure sensor to replace it with an aftermarket sensor from the gauge I have sitting here, but I'm actually at a loss on how to loosen the sensor in the first place, there doesn't appear to be anything to put a spanner on, just a black plastic ring that's larger than the sensor body (see pic below). Anyone got any ideas?
W04qSUhl.jpg

Plastic backing is flat edged, , large shifter

are you sure that is the right sender it appears to have never had a wire attached to it [ spade connectors usually leave marks ],the plastic ring appears to have flats on it a large deep socket could work ,looks like you have the inlet manifold removed so shouldnt be to difficult ,i recall having to remove one of these senders from under the car ,it was a mission ,been a long time since i owned an MI ,pugs

are you sure that is the right sender it appears to have never had a wire attached to it [ spade connectors usually leave marks ],the plastic ring appears to have flats on it a large deep socket could work ,looks like you have the inlet manifold removed so shouldnt be to difficult ,i recall having to remove one of these senders from under the car ,it was a mission ,been a long time since i owned an MI ,pugs
Yes, Mi16s have an oil pressure sensor in the block that is totally unused, no wire for it exists in the harness. Why Peugeot decided to fit a sensor there and not use it, instead of a blanking plug,nis beyond me :p

Also the flats on the black plastic plug don't seem to correspond to a socket, and if they do it's bigger than a 36mm socket, cos that's the biggest socket I have and it wouldn't fit over that plastic part.

The plastic is usually so old and brittle, that it snaps. If you can get behind afterwards with an open ender, well and good. Otherwise just grab it with some stilsons.

The plastic is usually so old and brittle, that it snaps. If you can get behind afterwards with an open ender, well and good. Otherwise just grab it with some stilsons.
Luckily the plastic on mine was not brittle, I was able to grab it with a plumbers wrench and break it loose, thanks for the tip. Got the new sensor all fitted up and ready to go.