Rego Check

Zeus

Tadpole
Tadpole
Took the car down to have a Rego check done and it failed due to ALL the engine mounts need replacing.
So I buy the mounts and when I removed the Left side transmission mount, (I cannot see how the guy checking
the mounts could even see it) there is nothing wrong with it, cost for that mount was $279.00.
My question is what recourse do I have, and am I entightled reimbursement.

He saw the engine rock and assumed all were stuffed. Treating his word as 100% true was also an unfortunate assumption. I don't think you'll get any satisfaction from this, unless you can return it in new condition to the seller.

Hahahaha are you joking it’s a 40 dollar safety check you don’t mention how bad the top driver side was but yet you took it in

I really don’t think you can expect a $40 inspection can get them a great deal of profit. They have to find something wrong and most probably will on an old car. The engine having excess movement or vibration
is probably a job he thought he could make some money on and that’s why they do the $40 inspections.
I would have checked what had said before purchase of parts to confirm what was needed.
At the end of the day it really does come down to opinion also and could guarantee each tester would have a differing view as to what is passable and what is not

Ever seen a Citroen CX motor move with the bonnet off? If I was told somethinig needed engine mounts, I'd be asking for evidence they are no good before replacing them.

Having said that .... if its an old car ... replace them .... it'll likely make it much nicer to drive!

Keep the part - you'll more than likely need it one day. If the engine mounts are worn and need replacement that can mean that the transmission mount has been under extra load and may soon fail.

Ever seen a Citroen CX motor move with the bonnet off? If I was told somethinig needed engine mounts, I'd be asking for evidence they are no good before replacing them.

Having said that .... if its an old car ... replace them .... it'll likely make it much nicer to drive!
Like the dog legs at the back of the motor, when they break the engine tries to jump out and bite you. I think DS's are funnier, the whole engine moves up and down about 4 inches.

Like the dog legs at the back of the motor, when they break the engine tries to jump out and bite you. I think DS's are funnier, the whole engine moves up and down about 4 inches.

Under brakes ... yes :) ...... They can bang quite loudly while doing so .... or so I've heard :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: UFO
Probably "literally" as the youngsters like to say. And more than once I'd expect too!:headbanger"

Boomer!
(... a type of noise which is like literally a possible complaint when those bad boys failed back in the day. Boom! Kapow! Wham!)

Growl etc.

Yeah...I'm getting a bit, like, tired of hearing the word "literally" overused by young 'uns lately. But at least I haven't lately heard "disconnect" used as a noun. That Americanism rather dismays me. :rolleyes:

Like "swim meet", or "wait list" (used as noun or verb) or the mysterious verb "to birth"?