Redex Rerun details

GRAHAM WALLIS

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger

Some information for the70th Anniversary Redex Rerun, a 3 day event for cars from the 1950s to celebrate the win by a Peugeot 203, driven by Ken Tubman and John Marshall, in the 1953 Redex Round Australia.
The event will kick off on Wednesday the 2nd of August with a get together and BBQ at Regan Motors 295 Whitehorse Rd Balwyn. This will run from around1730. We hope to get a good number of the entered cars to this function.

Next morning will see alate start to the event at 1000, north of the city at Yan Yean Reservoir Park, this will be a low key event, to get people underway without the Melbourne traffic problems.
The event will be following the old Hume Highway wherever practical.
Suggested meal break is at Glenrowan, cars will be there from 1300 and another good spot would be Chiltern later in the afternoon.

The day will end at Noreuil Park in Albury, just a low key book in at the end of the day. Dinner that night is at the Kinross Woolshed Hotel, Albury, get in touch if you want to join us.

Day 2 starts back at Noreuil Park, this time there will be a display, starting at 0800,first car will be away by 0900. Cafe will be open early.
Day 2 Is going to be an interesting drive along the many diversions from the Hume Freeway. Gundagai is the nominated lunch break.
Finish is at the Carotel in Watson Canberra and that evening there will be dinner there, let me know if you want to join us. $36 a head prepaid. BYO.

Day 3 starts at Old Parliament House. We will be starting around 8-30 or 0900.
After leaving Canberra the event goes via Gundaroo to Gunning, great drive, then an even better one over the Cullerin Range to Goulburn. Next up is the Marulan Horror Stage, nowadays a good gravel road and the Paddy's River ford is now a low level bridge. Marulan is a possible food stop. Then the final diversion through Berrima, Mittagong, Bargo, Picton and Camden before turning off at Narellan to go direct to Penrith. Cars will be arriving from midafternoon, where the cars will be on display at their top level carpark. Interested on lookers can park their cars on the lower floors and take the lift up.

You can join us at the dinner that evening, at Panthers, $95 a head for buffet meal including $20 of drinks, I need to know by tomorrow though as that is when we sign off on numbers.

That’s good as we on the top level car park at panthers

I saw the convoy of Pugs go past our place on Gundaroo Rd at Bellmount Forest today. The cars looked and sounded fantastic.
We moved in on Thursday evening so have only been in the place for two nights. I didn't know about this Reflex rerun event so seeing a bunch of Peugeots go past was great.
We first saw an orange 504, then a bunch of 203s, a burgundy 404 and then a 403 (maybe the last two were in the reverse order?).
I've got a 505 and seeing these older cars made my day.

I spotted a red 203 heading north in Singleton at 4pm on Sunday. 😍