Rear beam rebuild… 306

Mingus

Fellow Frogger
306 s16 95

I’m planning on tackling a rear beam rebuild in the next few months. I haven’t dismantled the old yet, but assume it’s cooked, as they all are.

I have new trailing arm shafts that I intend to press in the arms. I have the needle bearings (inner and outer) and the seal thing for the bearing cover. The shocks are new oem (installed previously) and I have baker rear solid mounts. I think I’ll keep the torsion arb the same.

Is there anything else I need to buy or track down for the beam rebuild? I don’t want to be halfway through only to realise I need to wait 4 weeks to get something crucial shipped in.

I’m planning on lowering at the same time to match eibach -30mm fronts.

Keep one of the old trailing arms and before removing inner bearing use one (after its pressed out) in reverse to measure its depth, mark and use it to both push out the old ones and insert the new ones at the marked depth! Arb can be used to mash the old bearings , pull it through, grease shafts and bearings well. Have fun.

Tools are the biggest issues. As Matthew said, you can use an old shaft. I have a stepped aluminium mandrel which locates bearings at the correct depth. You’ll also need a dummy shock to set the ride height.

Tools are the biggest issues. As Matthew said, you can use an old shaft. I have a stepped aluminium mandrel which locates bearings at the correct depth. You’ll also need a dummy shock to set the ride height.
Peter,
what is the length of the dummy shock?