Reading early diagnostic data pre OBD2 or EOBD. anybody know this French mob ??

jaahn

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
logo.png

klavkarr - The OBD2 car scanner 100% made in France​

EOBD Facile - OBD2 car diagnostic software​

I was chasing some other information and came across this site ! Well for a start it is French so that is hopeful and they have their own software as well as their elm type tool. Sounds like it could be useful for earlier cars with a port as well as later types.
Has any one seen their gear in action or even heard of it ? Interesting ?
https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/
https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/software-eobd-facile-elm327.php
Jaahn
span-b-car-diagnostics-accessible-to-everyone-b-span-br-car-scanner-span-klavkarr-100-span-ggup.png

Hi.

I have just made a cup of tea and spent some time on their site. At the very least they explain, in good English, about the hardware ODB2 interface, and separately the software. They also explain the various protocols and ISO standards that control the different busses and various standardised codes, and the different Modes that the codes are categorised into. I learnt a lot from this information. I now understand that if you already have an interface, you can purchase their software to analyse and display the data.

The site also explains how most hardware interfaces use a chip from ELM, and also has a handy tabulation of commands that you can use to test and verify the ELM chip and firmware version that the hardware interface uses.

It seems that klavkarr have the technical backup to be a significant supplier in the growing OBD diagnosis product market.

If you didn't need to have a WiFi or Bluetooth interface to a smartphone, I would likely choose the klavkarr 110 package as it has the live data graphing function over the 100.

They also claim that there software works on all (most) makes and models of vehicles. I couldn't find any comments about manufacturer specific fault codes.

I think we need to have a sticky thread to collate the various posts on OBD readers.

As I have posted previously I have been on the point of purchasing an OBD reader for a while now, but haven't commited yet.

Cheers.

try this one....
:)

Bob

try this one....
:)

Bob
No that won’t work

i got an reader program for my FIAT Ducato from OBD2 Australia on my lap top connects via wi fi ,incase i have a problem at some far flung place ,at least i can have some idea what's going on ,when i ordered it i played an extra $60 for the Peugeot program as well , as you can for most brands ,.i have used ti to determine problem with my sons 407 brakes /ABS /it was the right hand rear abs sender ,replaced no problem for nsw rego check ,

Pre OBD cars had all sorts of tricks for error reading, but OBD2 readers are of no help.

Most older cars required under-dash wires to be held together, or earthed, or a couple of pins, and a code would flash in one of the lamps around the speedo or in a test device. You counted the flashes and looked up what was signified. Later came sockets similar to OBD2, but with proprietary codes.

Reading a P306 is described here:

i had to do this on my MI16 fit a switch between a couple of wires in a terminal block in the engine bay ,it instigated a series of flashes on a red light on the dash ,there was also a way to delete codes after it had gone through its sequence