Re-Chroming or Re-Silvering Headlight Reflectors

Thank you gents for most useful tips. I have had very good results from "A Class Metal Refinishers" Adelaide. They have done R8 Gordini and Alpine A110 lights for me with very good work and service. Do not use Sterlings in Perth.

But your stripping and reassembly points will be taken on board.

Thanks,
Ray

its critical to use a correct sealant otherwise the heat from the bulbs will gas up an inappropriate sealant and the result will be a thin residue of yuk all over you nice new chrome.

David,

Mine have both been around the $200 mark.

Hopefully I'm not opening a can of worms here!!

Cheers,

Dano

Have a look at Hyqual's other product lines and services, some of which might come in handy if caught out using the oven or dishwasher for those 'foreign orders'. Contract embalming anyone?

Any idea on costs for the different jobs mentioned here?

I have a couple of lamps with creeping corrosion on the reflectors under the original Al finish, mostly at the bottom where moisture has accumulated in a lamp that is not a sealed unit. Did any of you start with that problem?

Even quite badly damaged reflectors can be brought back but it is a huge amount of work. Mine looked like they had spent time at the bottom of the ocean. Any corrosion has to be polished out before the silvering can be done.

Wow. That is fantastic work.

Received my headlight reflectors back, today.
Compared to what they were like before, they are fantastic, just like in faulksey's pictures.
Many thanks to you all for contributing to this thread, and many thanks to those of you who recommended Hyqual and Mario.
Couldn't want better.
Regards, David

David ,

I am pleased to hear you are happy with the results. Was wondering how you got on.

Sometimes when you recommend someone/business, it is always done with a little trepidation.

Cheers,

Dano