RD3 and Clarion Radio

Ren

Fellow Frogger
For owners of 206, 307 or 406 multiplexed vehicles who have experienced problems whith the station preset of the RD3 and Clarion radio; there is an article at peugeotlogic.com with a simple solution and explanation to the problem.
<a href="http://www.peugeotlogic.com" target="_blank">http://www.peugeotlogic.com</a>

peugeot_

Thanks for that Ren. Not important for me but I'm sure some people will find it useful.

I read the info at the link: it says the problem has been caused because of the new implementation of the RDS (Radio Data System/Service) which displays radio station details on car radio screens.

My sister told me how it was now showing up on her Clio (2DayFM and MMM have shown on the screen since she got it, but none of the others in Sydney).

I can't get the screen in the C3 (same radio as the 307) to show anything though :( The RDS button seems to have been disabled... nothing happens when you press it.

Derek.

Thanks! Nice to know why my Clarion HU didn't work properly before as I kept losing my station settings.

I liked the RDS feature of the Clarion plus the use of the remote stalk and intergrated centre display, but the look of HU and its lack of functions lead me to replacing it with a MP3 HU. It's a shame there isn't a compatible adaptor to link up my Pioneer HU with the remote stalk. moon

DeKa:
I can't get the screen in the C3 (same radio as the 307) to show anything though :( The RDS button seems to have been disabled... nothing happens when you press it.

Derek.
I can't get the display on the Xsara to show anything either, pressing the RDS button does nothing. Perhaps the feature is disabled on the Citroens? It is different head unit to the C3 though (same as the C5?).

Troy.

Pressing the RDS button shoudln't affect the display of station names in the display, as the small Peugeots with the RD3 do that automatically, even with RDS not turned on.

Latest RD3s actually display the station name in the list of presets, unlike earlier ones which displayed the frequency, only displaying the station name when you selected the particular station.

I'm sure the headunits are capable of displaying the text labels, but I think the local configuration has turned that off. I believe the small Pugs have the geographical area set to "Asia", which doesn't seem to lock out station text labels. Don't know what Citroen does.

One thing I've noticed is that the Peugeots tend to use the VDO RD3, whereas the Citroens seem to use the Clarion RD3 (well all the C3s I've seen anyway).

who cares about the radio, found somebody else who's name is ren.

of course mine is faster, more advanced, and more sophisticated because it has an extra 'n'.

u serious? u better not be ripping of the cartoon!

Hmm, well maybe the Citroens do have the text label display switched off. I may have to talk with the dealer about it. It's not a major concern though, the head unit works fines besides that.

Troy.

Few stations take advantage of RDS technology here anyway, and those that do use it at a very basic level - ie. only a text label for the station, none of the extended features.

Yes but as of the last few weeks, all stations in Sydney are broadcasting the text label: this hasn't been the case until recently. Before that time, the only stations broadcasting the text label we Austereo stations.

Derek.

I was wondering how my mums 206 had MMM and 2dayfm written in text! I guess that explains it, though i havnt noticed it on any of the other stations!

I have a clarion radio in my car, im going to have to fiddle around with it to seeif i can get the text!

Benny

No, All of the commercial stations in Sydney broadcast RDS. All have Radio Text (RT) and programme type (PTY) except for Nova 969 which only seems to broadcast just the name of the station. Mix 1065 and 2day in their Radio Text also broadcast the name of the song being played. All the other stations The Edge-WSFM-Triple M only broadcast a continious sentence eg Triple M Sydneys Best Rock....Yippee or The Edge 961- The Hit Music Channel. I have noticed in Citroens that the RDS button has been disabled in the cars and that all french cars do not allow you to access PTY and RT through their head units.

Cya Stalled