RCZ Intake Vales Walnut Blasted.

207cc Sport

Fellow Frogger
At 85,000 kilometers, I took the RCZ to Eurotune, Miami, Gold Coast.

They do walnut blasting.

Pics were taken before and after, and while the after pics look like a brand new display, the before pics were not that bad at all. Minor build up.

I recall my Pug Mechanic telling me that the 2nd Gen Prince engine, PSA changed the routing of the ERG pipes.

Cost AU$600 I'm pleased with the work and now know I most likely will never need the process again.

PS: I have been using SA459 at every oil change since new, so that had a positive effect.

Do they do this without removing the head? How do they remove all the blasting material :confused:

$600 is good, I've been quoted $1000 as the crowd up here (Sunny Coast) haven't done any Pugs just Mini's and would require to work out how to get to the inlet..bla bla bla

I think the BMW/Mini U bend inlet fitting may be different bend why they want to charge more labour

Rotate cam to close valve and do inlet and repeat for all 4 ports, blow and suck walnut or similar materials

Do they do this without removing the head?

You have to remove only the inlet manifold and stuff in the way of doing that. The aim is to clean back to shiny metal each inlet port in the head and the exposed parts of the inlet valves. The poor access under overhanging PSA windscreens is a difficulty.

A spot of air blows the residue away.

At 85,000 kilometers, I took the RCZ to Eurotune, Miami, Gold Coast.

They do walnut blasting.

Pics were taken before and after, and while the after pics look like a brand new display, the before pics were not that bad at all. Minor build up.

I recall my Pug Mechanic telling me that the 2nd Gen Prince engine, PSA changed the routing of the ERG pipes.

Cost AU$600 I'm pleased with the work and now know I most likely will never need the process again.

PS: I have been using SA459 at every oil change since new, so that had a positive effect.
I would like to find a place in Sydney that does this......our EP6 is about to tick over 100K km's.

If anyone has any experience it would be appreciated !

Cheers

Justin