Radiator flush 405 srtd

LuLu

Fellow Frogger
Gday to all I plan to flush my radiator 95 /405srtd could someone tell me where the drain hole is situated and what would be the best coolant to use, is there anything I need to lookout for while doing this job?
I must say this is a fab car I drive it 90ks to and from work through country roads and its such a pleasure to drive. I am looking forward to a long relationship and want to give it the best possible care. Any ideas on the best tyres for her? and I would like to get hold of a manual.
Take care all you Peugoet owners out there.
LuLu

LuLu said:
Gday to all I plan to flush my radiator 95 /405srtd could someone tell me where the drain hole is situated and what would be the best coolant to use, is there anything I need to lookout for while doing this job?
I must say this is a fab car I drive it 90ks to and from work through country roads and its such a pleasure to drive. I am looking forward to a long relationship and want to give it the best possible care. Any ideas on the best tyres for her? and I would like to get hold of a manual.
LuLu

The radiator drain is on the bottom left of the radiator. You only need to loosen the plug not remove it. HTH

Yes the 405 SRDT is a fine car. How many K's on yours, my 94 will clock over 400000 this weekend.

Ks

cruiserman said:
The radiator drain is on the bottom left of the radiator. You only need to loosen the plug not remove it. HTH

Yes the 405 SRDT is a fine car. How many K's on yours, my 94 will clock over 400000 this weekend.
Thanks for your advice, My car has 206000ks I bought it @ 200000k so I am only learning about this car. I feel confident that with a good maintence system I hope to have this car for some time, apart from a old fiat and a couple of VWs this has been my first serious go at a Euro car. I would like to to do my own oil and filter changes and Iam seaching for info on how to do this type of servicing ,as I am sure there are things that I would have to lookout for.
Congratulations on reaching 400000ks goes to show we own a great car. Has these 400000 been trouble free?

cruiserman said:

Did you do the injector pump and or the injectors and at what Ks?
Just interested in what major work you have done on the car.

Nice job on the 400K very impressive

Tom

tcns said:
Did you do the injector pump and or the injectors and at what Ks?
Just interested in what major work you have done on the car.

Nice job on the 400K very impressive

Tom

I bought the car at 383k in August. I plan on getting Cooma Diesel to do the injectors soon. From what I have ascertained the 400k has been without much drama, the car is still tight and performs very well.

As for oil and filter changes they are dead simple to do. Fuel filter will require a 6mm allen key. Take out old filter replace use the fuel bulb to pump in some more fuel and your done. Oil is equally simple. Remove drain plug with sump over a suitable collection container, remove filter with a wrench and replace. Replace sump plug and refill with oil. Drive 10 klms or so and check for leaks aound the plug and filter and then after the car has sat double check the oil level top up as necessary.

cruiserman said:
I bought the car at 383k in August. I plan on getting Cooma Diesel to do the injectors soon. From what I have ascertained the 400k has been without much drama, the car is still tight and performs very well.

As for oil and filter changes they are dead simple to do. Fuel filter will require a 6mm allen key. Take out old filter replace use the fuel bulb to pump in some more fuel and your done. Oil is equally simple. Remove drain plug with sump over a suitable collection container, remove filter with a wrench and replace. Replace sump plug and refill with oil. Drive 10 klms or so and check for leaks aound the plug and filter and then after the car has sat double check the oil level top up as necessary.

Sounds great, I had a friend with a 405srdt whose injector pump shat itself (un repairable for some reason) and it set him back major $$ like $3000 for the parts. I believe he was thieved, after hearing your story I thought you could ad a little insight, check the logs if you have them a see whether the pump was replaced. I would be interested to know. How much did you pay for the car out of interest, I am looking for a little economical car to drive around instead of my Range Rover and a srdt would be good if I could afford to keep it on the road :)

tcns said:
Sounds great, I had a friend with a 405srdt whose injector pump shat itself (un repairable for some reason) and it set him back major $$ like $3000 for the parts. I believe he was thieved, after hearing your story I thought you could ad a little insight, check the logs if you have them a see whether the pump was replaced. I would be interested to know. How much did you pay for the car out of interest, I am looking for a little economical car to drive around instead of my Range Rover and a srdt would be good if I could afford to keep it on the road :)

No pump replacement in the comprehensive history of the car. I paid 7700 for it. As for costs to keep it on the road, it is very cheap to run and maintain. Do most of the routine maintenance yourself, (must be used to doing plenty if you have a hang over) and leave the fuel injection side of it to a reputable diesel injection shop.

LuLu said:
LuLu

Why not keep your Peugeot a Peugeot and replace the coolant with Peugeot coolant. It is not expensive and I think it can be used for 4 years with the improved formula. We too feel the SRDT is about the best built car we have owned 246,000kms so far and only service parts replaced. Averaging 6.00 litres per 100 kms nad improving with the new diesel fuel.
WalG